Amazing Mexican Recipes – The Power of Two Popular Mexican Sites in One
A Guide to Mexican Food
This authentic cuisine offers something for everyone – classic dishes as well as new modern classics. It has roots around the world. Known for intense flavors, colorful presentation, unique spicing, and seasoning, Mexican cuisine delivers authentic recipes you are sure to love. Home chefs can re-create genuine textures and flavors of these authentic dishes in their own kitchens with the right techniques and easy to prepare recipes.
This food varies from region to region in Mexico – a result of the different climates, local ingredients, and techniques learned over the centuries. These recipes also vary because of the many different influences from the Mayan and Aztec Indians to the French and Spanish settlers of years gone by. The most traditional of these recipes are a blend of these different groups, their cooking techniques, different spices, and ingredients of the old and new world flavors combined.
Tomatoes and chilies, along with garlic and onion are very popular flavorings in this cuisine and are meld into many traditional recipes. You will find these ingredients as a foundation in most main dishes. Popular Mexican dishes include salsas, quesadillas, tacos, enchiladas, burritos, fajitas, tostadas, and guacamole. Traditional meals are often paired with rice, beans, and fresh tortillas; they contain many fresh vegetables, and are one of the healthiest of the world’s cuisines.
Easy Recipes for Everyone
AmazingMexicanRecipes.com is a comprehensive collection of authentic and traditional recipes both savory and sweet that are packed with flavor, fresh ingredients and a world of marvelous tastes. Enjoy the cuisine of Mexico with our collection of easy recipes. Bookmark our site and return often for that South of the Border experience and taste!
Bon Appétit, and thanks for visiting,
Christine and Everyone here at Amazing Mexican Recipes
Cinco de Mayo Food
Fun and Hearty Cinco de Mayo Food
Cinco de Mayo, which is Spanish for May 5, is a regional holiday in Mexico. The holiday is held in commemoration of the initial Mexican victory over the French in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. This date is observed at various locations around the globe including the United States as a celebration of Mexican pride and heritage.
An Introduction to Mexican Food
This is one of those cuisines that many people eat occasionally and think about rarely, which is unfortunate because it is such an exciting style of cuisine. Mexican foods such as chili con carne, tortilla chips and margaritas are known around the globe but there is so much more to it than Tex Mex variations and Taco Bell fare. What is more, this is a great type of cuisine to make at home yourself.
The Best Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
This is a traditional chicken enchilada recipe and, in Mexico, chicken enchiladas are much loved as a food. This recipe unlike many is not smothered in the familiar tomato-based sauce like most enchilada recipes instead; it uses butter, broth, and sour cream to form the sauce for this dish.
Chicken is often featured in Mexican cooking and is especial popular as an enchilada filling. The other ingredients combine to give you an absolutely unique chicken enchiladas recipe your whole family will love. If your family loves Mexican food and who does not then this recipe may be for you.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 cooked chicken breast halves, no bones or skin, shredded
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup minced onion
- 12 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz chopped green chilies
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat, and then fry the tortillas on 5 seconds per side until they are pliable. Do them individually and add more oil as required. Drain the tortillas on paper towels and keep them warm.
- Divide the chicken, onion (not green onion) and 10 oz of the cheese between the tortillas. Roll them up and place in a greased baking pan, seam side down. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until it begins to boil. Add the broth, stirring continuously.
- Add the chilies and sour cream. Stir occasionally and do not let the mixture boil. Pour this mixture over the enchiladas when hot and thick. Bake the Mexican chicken enchiladas for 20 minutes then top with the rest of the cheese and bake for a further 5 minutes. Use the green onions and cilantro to garnish them.
A Picture of a traditional recipe for making fresh homemade chicken enchiladas you can make with your ingredients and our traditional chicken enchilada recipe and is a favorite of many families. Nothing goes quite as well on a warm summer night’s dinner as hot homemade chicken enchiladas do. Accompanied by a fresh garden salad, you have the makings for a wonderful and healthy family dinner.
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (118903 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (116745 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (62728 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45423 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34230 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30097 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23835 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23169 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18610 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (16929 Views)