12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Doce
Finally, day 12 of our Cinco de Mayo countdown has arrived, and you have had the whole spectrum of Mexican recipe ideas presented to you. Hopefully you found several which whet your appetite or inspired you to find out more. You have less than 24 hours to go before the big day is here, so if there is anything you forgot to get, now is the time to rush out and grab those last-minute party essentials! Perhaps you are making a beef dish which needs the meat to be marinated, in which case start it now so it gets time to become really tender and flavorful.
You will already have your Cinco de Mayo recipes picked out, which is why today we are looking at Mexican seasonings, so you can learn more about what it is that makes Mexican food taste as unique and special as it does. South of the border seasonings range from mild to very spicy, aromatic and delicate to vibrant and bold, and they can be combined in many clever ways. Typical Mexican seasonings include cumin, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, sage, cilantro, and of course you have the whole gamut of fresh, pickled, dried and ground chilies to choose from.
If you are new to Mexican recipes and cooking south of the border dishes, you might like to add a little spice at a time, taste and then add more. Over-seasoning is an easy mistake to make, but remember the seasonings need to complement the ingredients in the dish, not the other way around. A beef dish for example should showcase the beef, not disguise the flavor of it with overpowering flavors. The more Mexican dishes you cook, the better idea you will get about not only quantities but choosing which type of chili, for example, or which seasoning is good with which meat.
There is something in Mexican cuisine for everyone. There are meat, poultry, fish, seafood, and vegetarian dishes. There are mild dishes and spicy ones, and of course everything in between. There are many traditional appetizers, main dishes, sides, desserts, breads, and so much more. Since many of the authentic dishes are based on locally grown, fresh produce, you will find plenty of freshness and flavor in every meal. Tex-Mex and Mexicali cuisines are exciting offshoots of traditional Mexican cuisine, but authentic Mexican recipes are especially distinctive and amazing.
Cinco de Mayo 2016!
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117384 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34624 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30369 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18950 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)