12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Seis
So now we are at day 6 of our Cinco de Mayo countdown, and you know what that means – yes, there is less than a week to go, which means you had better finalize your shopping list and ensure you can get all the ingredients you need to make some tasty south of the border snacks and dishes. Whether you are planning a Cinco de Mayo party, considering making some authentic Mexican food for the family on this occasion, or you are simply curious about traditional Mexican food and what Mexican people eat, we have plenty of facts and recipes to whet your taste buds.
Cinco de Mayo falls on May 5, just one day of the year, but of course that does not mean this is the only date when you can make Mexican food. Consider Cinco de Mayo the time to experiment with new Mexican recipes and, if you are having a party, the time to prepare a range of typical Mexican foods to impress everyone. We suggest you prepare a mixture of make-ahead and non make-ahead foods, else you will have too much to do at the last minute. There are plenty of great snacks, salads and make-ahead dishes to prepare, then you can also bake or pan-fry hot options when your guests arrive.
Today we are looking at fajitas, a Tex-Mex snack. Although this is Tex-Mex rather than Mexican in origin, fajitas are always worth making because they are wonderful. In this recipe we are using shrimp and avocado, two flavors which are always great together. This recipe also includes sour cream, cumin, paprika, bell pepper, and red onion, all Mexican ingredients which are widely available. The fajitas do not take long to make and they are best served hot. Because this is a tortilla-based dish, consider serving something without tortillas for your appetizer if you are serving one.
Although beef and chicken are more common fillings for fajitas, who says these are your only options? The great thing about making Mexican food at home is that you get to choose whatever filling you want, so if you are in the mood for fish or seafood instead of poultry or meat, why not? Some people like to serve beans, cheese and other options as their fillings, and you can get as creative as you wish with this dish. Anyone who has eaten at a Tex-Mex restaurant knows fajitas, and now you can rustle up your own delicious fajitas recipe for everyone to enjoy on Cinco de Mayo.
Cinco de Mayo 2016!
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119402 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117378 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63206 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45756 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34618 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30366 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24110 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23426 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18946 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17647 Views)