Mexican Casserole Tips
Mexican casserole is a delicious recipe made in layers. The ingredients include ground beef, cheese, tortillas, chili peppers and more. The word casserole actually applies to the cooking container rather than the recipe itself.
There are lots of different casserole recipes because there are plenty of different ingredients you can combine in a casserole dish. For example, you could combine beef, bouillon, potatoes, carrots, onions, and herbs to make a beef casserole. You could combine chicken, soup, mushrooms, and potatoes to make a creamy chicken casserole.
How is a Mexican Casserole Different?
With a Mexican casserole, popular local ingredients are used. The beef, tortillas, and cheese are filling. The chili peppers add a touch of spice to liven the dish up. If your family loves warming casserole recipes, you can try a delicious Mexican casserole to make a change from the ones you usually make.
There are plenty of traditional Mexican recipes using similar ingredients to the casseroles and even though Mexican foods often have similar ingredients in common, they all taste different and unique.
When making a casserole it is very important to drain the excess fat after frying the meat, especially if you are not using extra lean ground beef. Not draining it will mean the dish is very oily and this also dilutes the other flavors.
In addition, you can adjust a casserole recipe to suit your family. If you want to sneak some extra vegetables into their diet, try adding finely diced carrot, chopped onion or sweet corn kernels to the recipe. You will need to sauté the carrot or onion before cooking the beef, so it has the chance to soften.
Mexican casserole is a delicious recipe, which the family will love. It is healthy and nutritious and you have a free hand with the chili so you can adapt the spiciness to your family’s taste.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117391 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)