Mexico Foods Breakfast Ideas
Every cuisine has its own ideas about breakfast. Savory breakfasts are popular in some countries and in other countries, a fruit or chocolate croissant or pastry are preferred. Some people like a full breakfast with sausages, bacon, eggs, pancakes, fruit and more and others are content with a cup of coffee. Whatever your personal preferences may be, there are various breakfast ideas to think about if you want to eat breakfast Mexican style.
If you are on vacation in Mexico, you will be able to order ham and eggs or bacon and eggs if you like. Most Mexicans like to have a sweet pastry or sweet bread and a cup of coffee, because their lunches are large and begin around 11AM. Lunch is the biggest meal of the day in Mexico and social lunches or business lunches can go on for hours. Dinner is more like a light snack, which is why a lot of Mexicans have a very small breakfast.
Huevos rancheros are perhaps the most well known local egg breakfast dish and this is made with scrambled eggs and ham or bacon. Huevos motulenos are fried eggs served on a tortilla, with peas, ham, tomatoes, and chilies on top, as well as refried beans and cheese. This is quite a filling breakfast.
Other Breakfast Options
Chilaquiles are tortillas which are cooked in a pan with chicken, onions, and spices, and served with gravy and cheese. Fruit is also eaten at breakfast time in Mexico, because there are lots of different tropical fruits to choose from, including mango, melon, papaya and mango.
Breakfast tacos are another option, and rather than the chicken, beef or seafood you might usually have in your tacos, and the salad topping, you might like to cook some sausage and scrambled eggs, and fill your taco shells or soft tortillas with that mixture, finishing the tacos off with tomato salsa, and perhaps some avocado slices as well.
If you like, use flour or corn tortillas, and when they are filled, sprinkle grated cheese over the top and broil or bake them until the cheese melts on top, for added appeal. You can serve something like this just by itself or perhaps with some fresh fruit on the side. Add a glass of orange juice and a coffee and you have the makings of a fabulous breakfast or brunch, which is Mexican in style and will keep you full and satisfied until lunchtime.
If you are in the mood for something cold, or the weather is hot and you do not want to stand over a stove or have the oven on, consider a fresh fruit platter, adding a sprinkling of chili powder for a south of the border kick, or enjoy some homemade Mexican pastries. A lot of those can be made at home and kept in an airtight container for days.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30371 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)