Mexican Spices are Wonderful Seasoning Spices for Mexican Dishes
Why Chili Powder is Widely Used
Chili powder, sometimes spelled chile powder, is a key ingredient in many Mexican food recipes. It adds flavor to meat, fowl, and vegetables. Chili peppers can be used whole or ground into chili powder. Chili peppers can be used to flavor a dish and then removed or the powder or peppers themselves can be used as a recipe ingredient. There are various types of chili powder, including Chipotle, which is made from dried, smoked jalapeños. Chipotle is more piquant than regular chili powder and is used to make Mexican adobo sauce. Chili powder is a blend of dried, powdered chilies, oregano, and cumin.
Anocho Chili Powder What Makes it Mexican
Anocho is another type of chili powder, which has a sweet, fruit-like aroma and flavor. Pasilla chile powder is medium hot and adds a rich flavor to beans and sauces. Juajillo chile powder is very piquant and should be used sparingly. Green chile powder is very tasty but it is seasonal so you might not be able to get it throughout the year. If you are looking for a chili powder recipe, you will not have to look far because many Mexican recipes feature this exciting spice.
How Coriander Adds a Fragrant Flavor
Another favorite when it comes to Mexican spices is coriander, also called cilantro. Widely used in Caribbean and Asian recipes as well as Mexican cuisine, coriander gives a pungent taste. Coriander is used to flavor various recipes such as burritos, meat dishes, salsas and can also be used in salads. It comes in fresh or dried varieties.
Cumin Adds to the Hot Taste
Cumin is a dry seed, which is used to make chili powder and curry powder. It has been used in Mexico for hundreds of years and has a toasty, slightly bitter flavor. It is believed to have originated in the Middle East. Cumin is one of the most popular Mexican spices. Dishes containing cumin include enchiladas, chalupas, and various rice dishes. Cumin is a hearty spice and a little does go a long way.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (78628 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (68870 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (43921 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (40362 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (29081 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (20457 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (17537 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14768 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (12957 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (12640 Views)