it is cooked. Bunuelos and churros are similar to Mexican dessert sopa papilla. This is a simple recipe to make and the little bread treats are stuffed with a wonderful honey butter which melts. It is easy to stuff the sopapillas with the honey butter because they are hollow. They puff up when they are deep fried. This makes a delicious dessert for after your Mexican dinner or a snack at any time of the day. The sopapillas keep in an airtight container for a day or two.
Sopapillas boast quite a neutral flavor, but add the butter and honey and this adds all the gorgeous charm and beauty to the flavor. This is comparable to cornbread, where it is alright served plain but amazing once you add butter and honey, and no, you should not swap the butter for margarine! If you do not have honey, try syrup instead. Maple syrup would work too. Sopapillas are often make in Mexican homes because they are so simple to prepare, and the flavor is amazing too. This is the type of dish every member of the family will love.
These are quite easy to make but bear in mind the dough needs to sit for an hour and a half before you make and cook the sopapillas, so ensure you have plenty of time. The dough is prepared then rolled out and cut into diamond shapes. You can then deep-fry them and they will puff up, meaning you can open the corner and insert a honey butter chunk. Just as this begins to melt wonderfully over the sopapillas you can serve them, so you can enjoy the warm fried dough with the sweet buttery filling oozing out over your tongue. Continue reading
This fried cinnamon Mexican dessert is a great dessert for kids and adults alike. If you have some flour tortillas which need to be used up, this is one of the best Mexican dessert dishes to use because the ingredients are simple and the recipe is easy. This is the kind of Mexican dessert recipe that you could decide to make at the last minute. If you do not have the ingredients for the lime sauce, you can serve these fried tortilla strips with any syrup, cream or ice cream.
This fried cinnamon Mexican dessert is one of our quick Mexican dessert recipes for the times when you crave something sweet. The flavor is similar to churros, a Spanish dish which can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack. This is real Mexican comfort food for anyone with a sweet tooth, perhaps not the healthiest Mexican dessert you can make but we all need something hearty and indulgent every now and this, and this recipe cannot fail to hit the spot. If you are having Mexican food for dinner but something without tortillas, consider this as your dessert, to contrast and help fill your belly.
The recipe consists of tortillas, and you can use slightly stale ones if you want, because it makes little difference here, along with sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon for flavor, and then you have a tangy lime sauce. The sweetness of the tortilla strips contrasts beautifully with the acid flavor of the lime sauce. This is a quick and easy recipe to make. The tortilla strips are fried in a couple of minutes and then it is time to serve the dessert. If you want to make it go even further, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the mix, to complement the sweetness of the tortilla strips and contrast with the lime flavor. Continue reading
Our Latest Recipes
- Mexican Dessert Sopapilla Recipe January 24, 2015
- Some Authentic Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Some Traditional Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Types of Salsa January 24, 2015
- Fried Cinnamon Mexican Dessert with Lime Sauce January 23, 2015
- Sweet Meets Savory Corn Dessert Muffins January 22, 2015
- 6-Ingredient Breakfast Burritos January 21, 2015
- Baked Mixed Bean Quesadillas January 19, 2015
- Mexican Dessert Cheesecake with Orange December 21, 2014
- Best Taco Salad Recipe Ever December 8, 2014
Our Most Popular Content
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (112145 Views)
- Home (104491 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (60546 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44321 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (33019 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (28434 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (22650 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22142 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17613 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15336 Views)