Slow Cooking is Perfect Cooking
Although you might consider a comal or tortilla press to be essential in a Mexican kitchen, or at least more so than various other appliances you use, do not forget about the humble crockpot, because not only can this make Mexican cooking a breeze but it is also a wonderful way to perfect your dishes and bring all the flavors together really seamlessly. If you already have a crockpot you are ready to make some wonderful south of the border dishes in there, and that includes Mexican appetizers, side dishes and soup.
Ideal for Various Dishes
A crockpot is likely to come to mind when you are considering soup, and that is of course not just Mexican soup recipes but any soup, because of how well the flavors blend in there. Try our Mexican black bean soup or our chicken and wild rice soup if you want to use your slow cooker for soup, or consider making another dish.
Burritos also come out well in the slow cooker, regardless of what you put inside them, so if you normally make your burritos in the oven, try them in the crockpot. Cook the filling, roll them up, sprinkle some cheese on top and cook on low until the cheese is melted and the flavors are combined beautifully.
South of the Border Results from the Crockpot
Mexicans love to work with fresh ingredients and those always do well in the slow cooker because the lid seals in all the moisture and flavor, so you will not be losing any of the flavor of your fresh produce using this cooking method. Instead all that flavor combines wonderfully and the end dish is going to taste fresh and delicious.
Perhaps you want to keep your fajita filling warm and you can serve the beef strips, bell pepper and onion directly from the crockpot to keep them warm, or think about making a spicy black bean dip and serving that direct from the crockpot. It will stay warm without boiling dry or losing its flavor.
The crockpot is not always the cooking method of choice because if you want to make weekday recipes for a hungry family or a quick snack you will not want to have your food cooking so long, but if you are cooking something with flank or skirt steak and you want to tenderize it, or you wish to make a chili con carne, Mexican soup or something else which would benefit from the slow cooking process, choose the crockpot and the results will speak for themselves.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119389 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117329 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63181 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45735 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34589 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30344 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24096 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23406 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18919 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17601 Views)