Crockpot Bean and Chicken Taco Soup
Regardless of how much or how little experience you have had in the kitchen, you are sure to find this a very simple recipe to make. If you are in the mood for a tasty chicken soup, consider this crockpot chicken taco soup recipe which is hearty, warming and so yummy. Homemade chicken soup is always welcome and the whole family is sure to enjoy the taste of this.
There are plenty of chicken soup recipes to choose from but this one is particularly good because of the south of the border twist. This is just what everyone wants to have for dinner on a chilly winter evening. This adaptable soup can be changed however you want just by adding extra meat or veggies, or substituting some of the ingredients for others. Use what you have on hand. This recipe offers an interesting twist on the traditional chicken soup recipe you are sure to already know and the whole family should really like it.
You will need chicken breast, onion, beans and corn, tomatoes and tomato sauce, beer, and taco sauce to make it, along with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips for the perfect garnish. Follow the recipe below and you will be able to make this wonderful Mexican taco soup, and it is made in the crockpot which means the flavors will be extra mellow and well-blended. Crockpot cooking is also very easy. Simply dump the ingredients in there, remove and shred the chicken when it is done, then put it back in, and give the soup a couple more hours. That is all you need to do to make this magical dish and your reward will be the most fantastic flavor. We are calling this a soup but actually it is somewhere between a soup, stew and chili in terms of flavor and texture.
You will need a 4-quart crockpot to make this, or you can halve the recipe and use a smaller one. Bear in mind slow cooking works best when the crockpot is two-thirds full. Fill it less and you risk the soup sticking and cooking too fast. Fill it more and it might bubbly over or not cook thoroughly. This simple bean and chicken taco soup is ideal for any occasion. Make it once, taste it and enjoy the authentic south of the border flavors, and there is no doubt you will want to make this again, and soon!
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 16 oz can chili beans
- 15 oz can black beans
- 20 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, not drained
- 12 fl oz beer
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Shredded cheddar, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips, to serve (optional)
- Put the black beans in a crockpot with the onion, beer, chili beans, tomato sauce, corn, and diced tomatoes.
- Stir in the taco seasoning.
- Put the chicken breasts on top of the mixture and press them down until just covered by the other ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours on low or until the chicken is cooked through with no pink in the center.
- Remove the chicken and shred it with 2 forks, then put it back in the crockpot
- Cook for another 2 hours on low
- Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar and some sour cream chips, if liked.
This is what your rich, tasty Mexican taco soup will look like before adding the cheese, cream and tortilla chips to finish it off. You can expect plenty of flavor in every bite and this soup is sure to warm you up on a cool winter evening. Pairing chicken with tomatoes, beer, taco seasoning, beans, and corn, this flavorful soup is somewhere between a soup and a stew, in terms of texture, and the flavor is just perfect, largely thanks to the slow cooking method. Crockpots always coax maximum flavor out of ingredients and produce a mellow, delicious result. Serve this south of the border soup for lunch or dinner and enjoy the heavenly flavors it offers.
More Than 135 Light, Healthy, Delicious and Beautiful Soups in 60 Minutes or Less
by Camilla V. Saulsbury
Boasting more than 150 delicious soup recipes, you will find yourself turning to this hardcover book time and time again, whenever you are in the mood for a classic soup, a way to use up whichever ingredients you want to use, or a brand new idea for a flavorful soup the family is going to love. Try the West African peanut soup if you want something smooth and creamy, or the green chicken chowder for something hearty and warming. Exotic Asian soups, trendy butternut bisque, vegetarian delights, Italian minestrone, and low-fat soups are just some of your options, but there are far too many to list here. Reviewers love this book because it is packed with so many wonderful soup ideas and you are not going to run out of soup options. The recipes are down to earth, delicious and the ingredients are easy to source too. Each recipe has been extensively tested and nothing has more than 10 grams of fat per serving. The soups are categorized so you can quickly find the perfect recipe, whether you are searching by prep time, ingredients, cuisine, or calories. This is a definite must-have if you are into making homemade soups because every single one is tasty, simple to make and sure to become a firm family favorite.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117386 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34624 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30371 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18950 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)