Easy Mexican Dessert Recipes
Quick and Easy Mexican Dessert Recipes
If you are new to making dessert dishes, then our collection of easy Mexican dessert recipes should inspire you. Easy Mexican desserts include delicious cinnamon apple dessert burritos, rich and creamy Mexican custard and more authentic Mexican desserts which make a great finish to any meal.
Easy Mexican desserts are suitable for anyone, regardless of dessert making experience, and you will love the simplicity of Mexican dessert dishes. Mexican cuisine is one of the most varied in the world and that extends to the dessert recipes. There is literally something for everyone if you want to make quick and easy Mexican dessert recipes, whichever flavors, and dessert styles you prefer.
Why Mexican Desserts are Unique
Desserts are different all over the world but a Mexican dessert is like no other. First of all, Mexican cooks like to use fresh, locally bought, seasonal produce wherever possible, whether they are making a sweet or savory dish. This means whichever kind of fruit or other ingredients are in season, those are the items they are going to cook with. It might not always be the case but this is a Mexican approach to cooking which many of us could learn from, because using fresh ingredients always yields good results.
Mexican desserts are often quite heavy compared to the desserts you would get in other countries. For example, think about cakes and cookies rather than a delicate sorbet or fruit plate. This is not always the case, of course, and not all the desserts are so rich, but a lot are. Strawberry soup, or atole de fresa as it is known south of the border, is an example of a light dessert, which you might prefer to make if you are offering a heavy meal beforehand.
All the desserts in this category are chosen because they are easy to make. This does not mean you can make them in 5 minutes with only 3 ingredients but it does mean a typical home cook will be able to produce them without any problems. Basic desserts can be just as yummy as complicated ones, but why make life hard for yourself when you can make easy recipes which taste phenomenal?
Whether you are looking for a cake recipe or you are in the mood for mousse, flan, dessert burritos or cornbread muffins, there is something for every palate. You can serve an easy Mexican dessert after a Mexican meal or after another kind of meal. There is no rule to say the main dish has to be Mexican also. You could also enjoy such a dessert with a late afternoon cup of tea or coffee, and many of these desserts would be ideal for that.
2 Responses to Easy Mexican Dessert Recipes
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119454 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63254 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45795 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34659 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23455 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17717 Views)