5 Minute Peanut Butter Quesadillas
If you are in the mood to make something different, what about trying some peanut butter quesadillas? The following recipe is one of our very easy Mexican-style desserts and there are only 4 ingredients, making it an excellent recipe for newcomers to the world of cooking. This is a child-friendly recipe and the jelly for dipping makes it fun for them to eat. It is also a crowd-pleaser of a snack, so whether you want to make it for breakfast, lunch, as a snack or dessert, it is always well received and everyone will love the warm peanut butter oozing out of the golden tortillas.
Quesadillas are very similar to sandwiches but to make the dish more Mexican, bread is replaced with flour tortillas for a Mexican recipe feel and the butter helps to crisp up the outside of the tortillas. This is one of our quick Mexican dessert recipes because you can make it from start to finish as few as 5 minutes. A quesadilla recipe is traditionally tortillas filled with cheese and then cooked on the stove until the cheese melts, but swap the cheese for peanut butter and you will have a brand new take on this beloved dish.
There are lots of different quesadilla recipes actually ranging from the classic ones like cheese and ham or cheese and onion, to meat or poultry options, ones where the cheese is teamed with apple or pear, or even fusion cuisine quesadillas like this one. Because pretty much any filling goes with a tortilla, the only limit is your imagination and you might find you prefer quesadillas to sandwiches and cannot wait to experiment further with fillings. Try a classic quesadilla with Mexican cheese or see how you like corn tortillas (although flour ones are more common in this recipe).
To make these peanut butter tortillas, you simply need to spread peanut butter over half a tortilla and double it over so you get a half-moon shape. Repeat with more peanut butter and another tortilla, then you can fry them in a little butter until they are done. Use a large enough skillet so you can cook them together, or else use slightly smaller tortillas if you only have a small or medium-size skillet. They are then served warm with jam or preserves for dipping, or you might wish to get creative and add some ice cream or whipped cream, and how about chocolate sprinkles or mini marshmallows?
- 2 flour tortillas, 10 inch diameter
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 tablespoons grape jelly
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Spread half the peanut butter on one side of a tortilla and fold it in half with the peanut butter on the inside.
- Repeat with the other tortilla and peanut butter.
- Fry the tortillas in the skillet for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Slice into wedges and serve with the jelly on the side for dipping.
If you are getting bored with your usual sandwich recipes, try making quesadillas instead. Whatever you usually put in your sandwiches can also go in tortillas, and many of these fillings can be heated too, so you end up with a hot, crispy snack which can be cooked in just a few minutes. This recipe boasts a delicious peanut butter filling which is sandwiched between flour tortillas, then you can serve the finished snacks with jam for dipping, or even with ice cream if you prefer. This takes mere minutes to make and the flavor is so good.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117384 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34624 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30369 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18950 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)