Apple Cider Donuts Recipe
These cinnamon sugar-crusted apple cider donuts are beautifully flavored and they are extra delicious if you serve them warm. This apple cider donuts recipe reduces the apple cider before using it in the dough to concentrate the apple flavor. As you know, apples and cinnamon are perfect flavor partners, which is one reason this apple cider donuts recipe is so mouthwatering. The cinnamon sugar coating is wonderful.
If you love donuts, you will enjoy making homemade donuts. It is not difficult to learn how to make donuts and these apple cider donuts are great served as a snack with a mug of steaming champurrado or atole, or even with a glass of milk. You can also serve them as a dessert after any kind of meal. These apple cider donuts can also be served at a buffet so if you are having a Mexican-themed buffet party or catering for a Cinco de Mayo party, why not make these delicious donuts to complement the buffet table?
This apple cider donuts recipe involves deep frying and it is a good idea to use a candy thermometer, if you have one, to ensure you get the shortening or oil exactly the right temperature before adding the donuts to it. If you do not have a 3 ½ inch cookie cutter, use a 3 inch cutter. You will get a few more donuts that way too.
Donuts might not strike you as the most Mexican sounding dessert but these are not just ordinary donuts of course. The nutmeg and cinnamon spices give them an aromatic flavor while the apple cider makes them unusual. Like most Mexican dessert recipes, the flavors in these are very well balanced, and they are neither too moist nor too dry, neither too heavily flavored not too plain. In fact, they are just right.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- ? teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ cups flour, plus more for sprinkling
- ½ stick softened butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Shortening or vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- Reduce the apple cider to ¼ cup by simmering it in a pan over a low to moderate heat for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Combine the baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar together, and then add the eggs gradually. Add the buttermilk and apple cider and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and keep mixing the dough until it comes together.
- Line a pair of cookie sheets with parchment paper and sprinkle some flour over them.
- Turn the dough on to one of the cookie sheets and sprinkle some flour over the top.
- Flatten the dough to a ½ inch thickness and sprinkle more flour over it if it still seems wet.
- Freeze the dough for 20 minutes, then use a 3 ½ inch round cutter and a donut-hole cutter to form the donuts.
- Put the donuts on the other lined cookie sheet and chill them in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Add enough shortening or oil to a deep pan to get 3 inches, and then heat it to 350 degrees F, using a candy thermometer as a temperature guide.
- Line a plate with a few layers of paper towels. Stir the cinnamon into the sugar to make the cinnamon sugar.
- Add several donuts to the oil and fry them for a minute or until they are golden brown.
- Turn them over and fry the other side for a minute, then drain them on the paper towels and dip them in the cinnamon sugar.
- Repeat with the remaining donuts and the donut holes.
You can see from the picture how delicious-looking this apple cider donuts recipe is. Donuts are a firm favorite with many people and apple cider donuts are great, especially when coated with cinnamon sugar like these are. Make this apple cider donuts recipe for a buffet, to serve as snacks or for a Mexican dessert. You can serve the warm or cold, alone or with some whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Donuts are easy to make and this is one of the best donuts recipes ever.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119366 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117271 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63132 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45700 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34553 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30321 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24062 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23377 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18884 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17520 Views)