Creamy Banana Quesadillas
Technically quesadillas are Tex-Mex instead of an authentic Mexican dish but this recipe for banana quesadillas is far too good to omit from our Mexican dessert recipes collection! You might have tried a baked quesadillas recipe but the follow recipe is made on the stove and that is a simpler way of making banana quesadillas. You can serve them with dulce de leche or another kind of caramel syrup. Banana quesadillas are the perfect Mexican dessert recipe for anyone who loves bananas. Kids also love these tasty quesadillas, either as a dessert or for breakfast or a snack.
It is much easier to convince the kids to eat one of these gorgeous hot quesadillas than to get them interested in a piece of fresh fruit, so go ahead and make this. You can even add a sliced kiwi, some pineapple or another kind of fruit. Anything goes with the banana. Peach or apricot would also do well in there. Once you have made one quesadilla recipe you will realize how simple they are to make and want to experiment with more fillings, flavors and ingredients, to come up with brand new quesadilla recipes of your own.
In the following recipe the bananas are mashed with cream cheese and sugar, and not only does this combine the flavors for an even result, but it also produces a sticky ‘paste’ which will hold the tortillas together. In the traditional quesadilla recipe the cheese melts and that is what holds the 2 halves of the tortilla together but here we are using cream cheese which is different, so mashing the ingredients is what you need to do. If you want to add other fruit or preserves, simply add those on top of the banana mixture before closing the tortillas.
The quesadillas are refrigerated for half an hour then you can cook them in butter. How many you can fit in there at once depends on the size of your skillet, but do not overcrowd it. The quesadillas can then be served hot with your favorite sauce, ice cream or other sweet accompaniments and garnishes. Some whipped cream and a sprig of fresh mint looks elegant, while vanilla ice cream is always good, perhaps with a couple of fresh berries on the side too for added color and interest.
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 sliced kiwi fruit (optional)
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves (optional)
- 1 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
- 10 flour tortillas, 7 inch diameter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Whipped cream or ice cream, to serve (optional)
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add the bananas and the sugar and beat more.
- Spread ¼ cup of this filling over half of each tortilla, then add the kiwi and/or preserves if using.
- Fold the other side of the tortilla up so the edges meet.
- Press them down.
- Put the tortillas on a plate and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until the filling sets.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Pan-fry the tortillas in batches, 3 at a time, until they are golden on both sides.
- This will take about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the butter and the rest of the tortillas.
- To serve, slice each quesadilla into thirds and arrange them on a serving plate.
- Add whipped cream or ice cream before serving if liked.
This unusual recipe boasts a sweet banana and cream cheese filling, and you can add any other fruit you like too, or some strawberry preserves, to make the recipe your own. After being chilled for half an hour, the stuffed tortillas are pan-fried until they look as golden brown and appetizing as those in the photo, and everyone will love these, from the youngest of your kids to the most senior member of the family. The rich, creamy banana filling is nutritious as well as tasty, and these are very simple to make. Serve them for breakfast or add some whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy them as dessert.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30371 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)