Quick Tortilla Dessert Banana and Nuts
This delicious tortilla dessert combines bananas, honey, nuts, cinnamon and more for a really flavorful dessert, which appeals to kids and adults. The flour tortillas are filled with the sticky banana mixture, and then the dessert is garnished with whipped cream and fresh berries. This is a great dessert if you want to serve something nutritious because the bananas, peanut butter and fruit are healthy.
This dessert does not require any baking or cooking so you can make it in about fifteen minutes. Feel free to alter the ingredients as much as you like, substituting vanilla ice cream for the whipped cream, canned mandarin segments for the fresh berries or sliced peach or papaya for the banana. Tortillas are really versatile and you can use them for savory Mexican recipes like burritos and fajitas or sweet ones like dessert tortilla recipes.
In this tortilla dessert banana provides the strongest flavor and the cinnamon, honey and nuts really complement the taste of the banana. This dessert goes nicely after any entree although it might be best not to serve this one after an entree like fajitas, which also uses flour tortillas. If you wanted to serve it after that however, you could use crepes instead of tortillas for this dessert but that would make it less Mexican, so it is your choice.
Tortillas are amazingly versatile and you might have used them before to make Mexican or Tex-Mex classics like fajitas or burritos, but this recipe shows that you can also use them with sweet ingredients to make a great dessert. Because tortillas do not have a strong flavor, they are wonderful for enclosing your favorite filling, and this kind of dessert appeals to all ages and is wonderful for all occasions. This dessert is especially tasty and it is also a beautiful looking plateful, and will certainly impress your dinner guests.
- 4 flour tortillas
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 thinly sliced bananas
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
- 1 cup whipped cream
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter over each flour tortilla, leaving an inch border.
- Mix the raisins, cinnamon, bananas, honey and white sugar together and spoon this mixture into the center of each flour tortilla.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the top.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla to meet in the middle then roll them up and put them seam-side down on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the sugar over them.
- Divide the whipped cream between the tortilla wraps and decorate with the chocolate sprinkles.
- Garnish the desserts with the fresh berries and serve.
This banana nut Azteca dessert tortilla recipe is so simple to prepare. The peanut butter, banana, honey, raisins, cream and other ingredients go together so well and this dessert balances a variety of textures, colors and flavors. This might be an easy tortilla dessert to make but the flavor is sublime and everybody is going to love it. Feel free to experiment with different fruits. This is an especially good Mexican dessert recipe for the spring or summer and if the weather is very warm, you might like to serve this with some vanilla ice cream and chocolate ice cream syrup drizzled over the top.
Leave a Reply
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (109549 Views)
- Home (98019 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (58326 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (43781 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (32306 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (27251 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (21904 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (21597 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17045 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (14637 Views)