Sweet Meets Savory Corn Dessert Muffins
These Mexican corn dessert muffins are an ideal dessert for anyone who prefers a more savory dessert rather than something too sweet. Do you normally favor a cheeseboard instead of a cheesecake? If so, this is a nice recipe for you to make. These corn muffins are a perfect example of how sweet and savory flavors work nicely together because they contain onion, garlic and salt as well as sugar. The resulting flavor is absolutely perfect in every way.
The honey and lime syrup is nice spread on the Mexican corn dessert muffins or you can drizzle it over the top of them for a sticky dessert. There are various Mexican dessert recipes which combine savory and sweet flavors and, when done properly, this is a technique which gives great results. Have you ever drizzled maple syrup over your bacon, pancakes and sausage in the morning? Well the same applies to this recipe. You can enjoy sweet and savory flavors when you bite into these gorgeous corn muffins, lovely and warm, straight from the oven.
There are quite a few ingredients that go into these, at least when compared to other corn muffin recipes you might have made, but trust me, this recipe is well worth making. The flavor is fantastic and once you have tried these you will definitely want to make the recipe again. Even if you are not usually into cornbread with your chili or cornbread as a snack, try this muffin recipe, because the south of the border flavors are just amazing. Bake the mixture in separate muffin cups, or else use a loaf tin or baking pan then cut the loaf into slices to serve, as you prefer.
Have you already made muffins before, or is this the first recipe you are considering? Either way, this is a great choice. These are neither too sweet nor too savory, but instead they are offer a well-balanced taste which should appeal to most palates. Try them with your next chili recipe or smother them generously with butter and honey instead, and that way they make a wonderful breakfast, snack or dessert, and are perfect regardless how much or how little of a sweet tooth you happen to have. Rustle up a batch of these for all the family to enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeños
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet over a medium high heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Add the jalapeño, corn and half the salt and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and toss to melt it.
- Mix together the rest of the salt, the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and chili powder in a bowl.
- Combine the eggs, egg white and buttermilk and add the onion to this mixture.
- Combine the buttermilk mixture and flour mixture, stirring until moist.
- Spoon the muffin batter into 15 greased muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes on a wire rack, then remove the muffins from the pan and cool them completely.
- Combine the rest of the butter with the honey and juicy in a small bowl and serve this with the muffins.
Bite into one of these soft, warm muffins and you will be amazing just how wonderful the flavor is. Corn muffins are perfect for any occasion. Serve them with your favorite chili recipe or slice them in half and add butter and honey, making them an ideal dessert for those who are not keen on overly sweet desserts. This recipe blends sweet and savory ingredients and the result is perfect harmony. Whether you have made homemade muffins before or you are brand new to making this kind of recipe, you will be pleased you chose this particular recipe because the resulting muffins really are outstanding.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)