Warm Mexican Cinnamon Fritters
Similar to donuts, these Mexican fritters promise sweetness and deliciousness in every bite. You can roll them in cinnamon sugar while they are hot or consider pairing them with fruit jam or dipping them in melted chocolate. They would also be good with maple syrup drizzled over the top. These Mexican fritters are simple to make and they need to be fried in oil, so they only take a few minutes to cook. That is great news if you are looking for dessert in a hurry or if you want to rustle up a quick and easy warm snack to please everyone in the family.
This decadent dessert could even be served after your enchiladas, Mexican spicy fish, or whatever main dish you are offering. Why not serve them with ice cream or vanilla-spiked whipped cream? You could drizzle some melted chocolate or chocolate syrup over them, then add the ice cream or whipped cream. To complete the decadent experience, add some almond slivers for a garnish. Oh – and serve a little glass of Mexican Kahlua to the grownups on the side! These smell every bit as incredible as freshly fried donuts and we promise you they will disappear faster than you can even imagine because they taste so good.
Because these are best served warm, you will want to cook them after everyone has finished their main dish and while they are still at the table. If you are making these for Cinco de Mayo or another holiday, encourage people to sit at the table, enjoy another glass of wine, and keep sniffing the air because very soon they are going to be able to smell the most wonderful aroma! Then you can come back in just a few minutes with this incredible treat for everyone to enjoy. Choose these cinnamon fritters if you want the tastiest Mexican dessert.
These make a lovely snack if you do not want to make them as a dessert, or you could even prepare them for breakfast. Mexicans enjoy having something sweet for breakfast, such as a pasty or churros with sweetened coffee or hot chocolate, a habit introduced from the Spanish colonists, and the idea of having a sugar-laded treat instead of a bowl of granola or a piece of sweet appeals to their sweet tooth. Follow up with a healthy lunch and a healthy-ish dinner, and you will end up with a balanced day’s food, so definitely bookmark this recipe!
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Combine the water, butter and salt in a pan, and bring it to a boil over a low heat.
- Take the pan off the heat and add in the flour.
- Make sure you mix and stir it all the time so you do not get lumps.
- You want to get it into a one-piece paste-type consistency.
- Turn off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool down for 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, either by hand or using an electric mixer.
- Continue until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Use a pair of spoons to shape your fritters, or use a pastry bag to pipe it out.
- Cook them in hot oil heated to 300 degrees F until they are golden brown.
- Remove the fritters from the oil as they brown, and roll them in cinnamon and sugar.
Similar to American donuts but with an exciting Mexican twist, these cinnamon fritters make the perfect finish to any south of the border dinner. They are so quick and easy to make, then you just need to fry them and roll them in cinnamon sugar for that typical Mexican flavor. Whether you serve these with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate for breakfast Mexican style, present them as an unexpected treat for the family, or have them with vanilla ice cream as an after-dinner decadence, there is no doubt everyone will love these gorgeous Mexican fritters.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119402 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117378 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63206 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45756 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34618 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30366 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24110 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23427 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18946 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17647 Views)