Brilliant Banana Caramel Flan
This banana caramel flan is really tasty and makes a change from classic flan recipes. The banana puree combined with the cinnamon, dark rum, vanilla and more has an amazing flavor and everyone will love this flan recipe. Feel free to use ground cardamom instead of ground cinnamon if you like. Also, if you prefer to make one big flan rather than several smaller ones, you can make it in a six inch diameter cake pan or a one quart soufflé dish.
This banana flan has a rich flavor and a really nice consistency. Despite the banana content, it is still as silky smooth as a classic Mexican flan recipe. There are no lumps in this one. Fruit is a popular ingredient in flan recipes and you might have made or tasted a passion fruit flan, mango flan, or orange flan before.
If you are looking for a great tasting dessert to serve at a dinner party, flan is always a good idea. Not only can you choose from different flavors and varieties but you can make the flan in advance and just leave it chilling in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it. Serve this banana caramel flan with some whipped cream or simply by itself and your dinner guests will enjoy it very much.
The first thing to do is make the syrup, and that is done by caramelizing the sugar in a pan with a little water, and then this mixture is divided between 6 custard cups. If you prefer, you can use a large mold instead of making separate portions. The rest of the ingredients are combined to make the flan.
You will be able to imagine how nicely the banana flavor goes with the vanilla, rum, cinnamon and lemon, offering a rich and delectable dessert experience. Served with whipped cream, this dessert is attractive, tasty and satisfying. It goes well after any kind of main dish, and this offers a unique twist on the classic flan recipe.
- ⅓ cup plus ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pureed bananas
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook ½ cup of the sugar with the water in a pan over a moderately high heat until the sugar mixture turns golden brown. Pour this caramel into 6 individual custard cups and tilt them so the caramel coats the bottoms and an inch up the sides.
- Bring the milk to a boil, and then take the pan off the heat. Whisk the rest of the sugar with the eggs, then stir in the cinnamon, rum, vanilla, lemon juice and banana puree. Pour this into the hot milk.
- Keep stirring the mixture so the eggs do not curdle.
- Divide this mixture between the custard cups, and then put them in a roasting pan with an inch of boiling water in it.
- Bake the flans for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted into one of them comes out clean.
- Take the custard cups out of the hot water bath and let them cool to room temperature.
- Chill them in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Unmold the flans and serve with whipped cream.
This banana caramel flan tastes delicious. The flavor of banana is enhanced with the addition of cinnamon, vanilla, and dark rum and this is a decadent yet light dessert, which is beautiful after any entree. Flan is one of the most popular Mexican dessert recipes and it is so simple to make. The classic caramel topping goes wonderfully with the banana flavor in this recipe and homemade Mexican flan is an impressive dish to serve. In this recipe banana flan is served with whipped cream but you can serve it without the cream if you prefer.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (79207 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (69787 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (44340 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (40576 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (29293 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (20615 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (17725 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14884 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (13223 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (12750 Views)