Cinnamon and Honey Flan Recipe
The honey gives these individual Mexican flan an unusual flavor but it goes so well. The cinnamon-infused honey is used instead of syrup and the result is a wonderfully sweet blend of ingredients. The honey, vanilla, and cinnamon are ingredients, which feature in many Mexican dessert recipes, and they go together very nicely. You can serve this honey flan recipe warm or chilled. Run a palette knife or spatula around the outside of the custard cups, to loosen the flans, before inverting them on to individual serving plates.
You should use six ounce capacity custard cups for making this honey flan. This is one of the healthiest recipes for Mexican flan because there is no sugar in it. Also, using skim milk rather than whole milk cuts down on the fat content without affecting the flan flavor at all. The cinnamon brings out all the other flavors in the Mexican dessert recipe and if you usually make a sugar and water caramel for your flan recipes, you might enjoy the different flavor and consistency the cinnamon honey brings to it.
Serve this cinnamon honey flan recipe as it is, or with some fresh berries or a fruit compote. Flan is usually served alone but you can serve whipped cream or fruit with it, if you wish. Because of the ingredients used in this flan recipe, you can either serve it warm or cold. Both ways are nice.
Honey Flan with Cinnamon
Summary: coming soon
- 3 beaten eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat the milk, eggs, vanilla extract and half the honey until the mixture is just combined but not frothy.
- Mix the rest of the honey with the cinnamon.
- Arrange 4 custard cups in an 8 inch square baking dish and spoon a tablespoon of the cinnamon honey into each one.
- Divide the egg mixture between the cups and put the baking dish on the middle rack in the oven.
- Pour boiling water into the baking dish to an inch depth.
- Bake the flans for about forty minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Mexican
This is a very simple Mexican flan recipe and it only has five ingredients, making it one of the easiest Mexican dessert recipes to make. If you love authentic Mexican flavors like vanilla, honey, and cinnamon, you are going to enjoy this flan recipe. It is light and refreshing enough to be served after a filling dinner and you can serve it warm or cold. This delicious flan is one of the most unusual interpretations of vanilla flan but, as you will agree, the flavor is amazing.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (70455 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (58683 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (39195 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (37177 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27221 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18480 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14962 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14021 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11726 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10849 Views)