Classic Mexican Flan
Classic Mexican flan, also known as caramel custard, is very popular. It is a lighter version of Mexican custard and is very refreshing served after lunch or dinner. You can serve it with whipped cream or just by itself. There are other varieties of flan, such as chocolate, coconut, or fruit flavored but sometimes the traditional classic recipes are the best.
This flan looks gorgeous when served, as the caramel topping is dripping down the sides and tastes as divine as it appears. The almond and vanilla are typical Mexican recipe ingredients and give it an understated flavor. Classic Mexican flan is served chilled.
Authentic Mexican Flan
Summary: coming soon
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Fresh mint leaves and raspberries, to garnish
- Melt the sugar in a small pan over a medium heat, stirring often, until it goes brown.
- Take the sugar off the heat and pour it into a 4 cup sized metal mold or 8 small molds, turning the molds so the sides and base are covered in the melted sugar.
- Let them cool so the caramel sets.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the milk, eggs, egg yolks, condensed milk, vanilla extract and almond extract in an electric blender and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and put the mold into a bigger pan filled with ½ inch deep water.
- Bake the Mexican flan for an hour. Take it out of the oven and take the mold out of the water.
- Refrigerate it for up to 2 days. Unmold the flan on to a serving platter.
- The caramel will be liquid.
- This delicious Mexican caramel custard is perfect after any meal and it is a handy make ahead Mexican dessert.
- Garnish it with mint leaves and raspberries just before serving.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (69864 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (58217 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (38995 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (37018 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27148 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18383 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14822 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (13956 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11647 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10718 Views)