Flan de Queso con Huevo
This unusual flan de queso con huevo recipe is really tasty. If you prefer desserts, which are not too sweet, you will like the cream cheese, walnuts, and orange zest in this recipe. A touch of vanilla is added to give the flan an authentic flavor. There are many different recetas de flan casero con queso to choose from but this one is especially good because it is simple and the flavors are so well balanced. The orange adds fruitiness and the cheese and walnuts go together very nicely.
If you are looking for a slightly more unusual flan recipe, then this one is always a hit. You can make some extra syrup, if you like, to toss the walnuts in before adding them to the flan. This step is up to you and you can just arrange the walnut halves on the finished flans if you prefer. Either way is good. Feel free to use individual custard cups rather than one big mold, if you want to.
This is one of the most mouthwatering recipes if you are looking for “flan de queso con leche condensada” or condensed milk flan, as you would call it in English. Condensed milk features in a lot of flan recipes, but not all of them, and evaporated milk is another popular ingredient, along with regular milk. Of course, flan would not be flan without the addition of eggs and sugar to make the delicious caramel topping.
This recipe has a few more ingredients than other, more basic, flans, but it is still very simple to prepare if you take a look at the preparation steps. The first thing you will need to do is make the caramel by melting the sugar, and then you can combine the other ingredients to make the actual flan. The walnut halves finish the flan off perfectly and, as you can imagine, the orange flavor goes beautifully with the nutty taste, and the cream cheese makes the consistency creamier.
It is true this recipe might have taken a step away from the classic recipe but if you are looking for a brand new twist on this classic dessert, try this and see what adding cream cheese, orange and walnuts to the recipe does for it. I bet you will be very pleased with the result!
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 egg yolks
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 oz walnut halves
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 egg whites
- Zest from ½ orange
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups white sugar ¾ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook 1 cup of the sugar in a pan over a moderate heat, stirring it all the time until the sugar goes golden brown and melts.
- Pour this syrup into a 2 quart flan dish and tilt it so the bottom and sides are evenly coated.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Process the cream cheese, orange zest and egg whites with the remaining sugar in a blender, then stir in the milk mixture.
- Pour this through a sieve into a bowl, and then pour the custard over the caramel.
- Put the flan dish in a shallow pan and fill the shallow pan with an inch of boiling water.
- Bake the flan for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Let the flan cool on a wire rack, still in the flan mold, then cover and chill it for 3 hours or more.
- Run a knife around the outside edge and invert it on to a plate.
- Decorate with the walnut halves.
This is an elegant flan recipe and the walnuts and orange rind might give away the fruit and nut flavors but your family, friends or dinner guests will be surprised when they bite into this flan de queso con huevo and taste the cream cheese. The cheese is beautiful with the walnut flavor and this is such an exotic and unusual recipe for Mexican flan. If you want to try something different to the classic Mexican flan recipe, what about this cheese flan with walnuts? The mixture of flavors is eclectic and the texture is creamy and luxurious. This cream cheese flan recipe is highly recommended.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cinco de Mayo Gourmet Mexican Salad Platter May 5, 2015
- We’re Having a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta May 5, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Doce May 4, 2015
- Black Bean and Avocado Salsa with 2 Kinds of Corn May 4, 2015
- Vegetarian Nachos with Homemade Chips May 3, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Once May 3, 2015
- Skirt Steak with Tequila and Lime May 2, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Diez May 2, 2015
- Authentic Chiapas Pork Empanadas May 1, 2015
- Albondigas in Sauce – Mexican Meatballs May 1, 2015
- Home (115329 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (115325 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (61844 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44807 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (33509 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (29521 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23296 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22515 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17951 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15843 Views)