Mexican Flan Recipe
Make Flan the Traditional Mexican Way
Mexican desserts are always a wonderful treat. Making a Mexican flan recipe is a delightful way to top off your Mexican meal. If you want a delicious treat the whole family will enjoy, make this tasty recipe for dessert and watch their eyes light up. Mexican recipes for desserts make a fancy end to your Mexican meal. Everyone loves Mexican food with the spicy taste and richness. To follow such and entrée you have to enjoy a delicious Mexican dessert afterwards, for a real south of the border flavor experience.
One of the most delectable Mexican desserts to choose is the Mexican flan recipe and every Mexican knows this recipe well. Sweet, creamy and so divine, it is almost difficult to describe. After all, how do you describe heaven on your taste buds? Once you try this very easy to prepare Mexican dessert you will understand the delicate flavors infused in this decadent dish. The different ingredients are blended so well it is literally a marriage of flavor in every bite, as well as that delicate creaminess which is so delicious.
Your family will thoroughly enjoy this wonderful Mexican dessert. The next time you make a Mexican dinner at home, be sure to make this Mexican flan to impress everyone after the main dish. It will truly make a beautiful ending to your Mexican dinner which you and your family will not forget. This is a traditional Mexican dish which is well known in every household and it is delightfully simple to prepare too, even if you do not usually make your own desserts from scratch. Just take a look at the following recipe and you will see how easy it is.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the sugar in a nonstick pan over a medium heat, shaking and swirling occasionally to distribute the sugar, until it is dissolved and begins to brown.
- Lift the pan a few inches above the heat source and continue to brown the sugar until it becomes a dark golden brown.
- You can slightly stir while cooking, but continually stirring causes the sugar to crystallize which you do not want.
- Pour the caramelized sugar into a 1½ quart casserole dish or a large loaf pan, and swirl to evenly coat the bottom of the pan.
- In a blender, combine sweetened condensed milk, cream, milk, eggs and vanilla and blend on high for a minute.
- Pour over the caramelized sugar.
- Place the filled casserole dish into a larger pan and add 1 inch of boiling water to the outer pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the Mexican flan recipe is set.
- Chill it for an hour or more, then serve cold.
Photo Credit: Kpisk, on Flikr
Flan is the quintessential Mexican dessert and although there are hundreds of different Mexican dessert ideas for you to choose from, including a wide variety of cakes, cookies and pies, flan tends to beat most of them hands-down. This dessert is prized for its simplicity, and combining vanilla, cream, eggs and sugar might not sound hard, and in fact it is not, but the truth is this simple combination of ingredients produces the most wonderful dessert. Make one large one and cut it into wedges or make individual ones. Serve the flan garnished with fresh berries, like in this photo, or just serve it as it is.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119453 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63254 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45793 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34657 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23455 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17717 Views)