Receta del Flan de Cajeta
This delicious flan can be made up to two days ahead of time. Simply keep it covered in the refrigerator and unmold it right before you serve it. The vanilla bean gives this Mexican flan recipe a wonderful flavor. If you are using a vanilla bean, use a good size one – six inches in length is about right to get a good vanilla taste. If you would prefer to use vanilla extract, use about a tablespoon.
When you are pouring the syrup into the custard cups, it is important to work quickly because it sets fast. The syrup will be soft and liquid when you serve the flans so do not worry if it sets when you first add it to the cups. This receta del flan de cajeta is easy to make and the vanilla bean, coupled with the cajeta (caramel syrup) gives it an authentic Mexican flavor.
This delicious dessert is perfect for a dinner party, since you can make it in advance. It is also nice after any kind of meal. The combination of flavors works nicely and everyone will enjoy this traditional Mexican flan recipe. Serve it by itself or with some fresh strawberries or raspberries on the side.
Vanilla Bean and Cajeta Flan
Summary: coming soon
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup plus ? cup white sugar
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Mix ? cup of the sugar with the water in a small pan and cook it for 5 minutes over a moderately high heat, or until it is golden.
- Stir it occasionally.
- When it is golden, pour the syrup into 6 cooking spray-greased custard cups. Each custard cup should have a 6 ounce capacity. Tip the custard cups around so the syrup coats the whole base.
- Mix the rest of the sugar with the egg whites and eggs and whisk the mixture. Add the milk and evaporated milk and stir until smooth. Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla bean and stir them into the milk and egg mixture.
- Divide this mixture between the custard cups, and then arrange the cups in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Add an inch of hot water to the dish and bake the flans for an hour or until a knife inserted into one comes out clean.
- Take the cups out of the pan and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Cover the flans and chill them for 3 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- Use a rubber spatula or knife to loosen the edges of the flans.
- Put an upside down dessert plate on each cup and invert it, so the flan slides out in one piece.
- Drizzle any remaining syrup over the flan.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Mexican
This receta del flan de cajeta is simple to make and it tastes wonderful. The cajeta syrup sliding down the sides of the flan tastes amazing and the flan itself is flavored with the seeds from a vanilla bean, giving it a great aroma and an authentic Mexican taste. This flan recipe can be made in advance and it is a light yet very satisfying idea for dessert. The whole family will love the combination of caramel and vanilla and these flans are hard to beat because they are so good.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (69613 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (57937 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (38878 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (36920 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27120 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18287 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14753 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (13941 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11638 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10672 Views)