Receta del Flan de Cajeta
This delicious flan can be made up to two days ahead of time. Simply keep it covered in the refrigerator and unmold it right before you serve it. The vanilla bean gives this Mexican flan recipe a wonderful flavor. If you are using a vanilla bean, use a good size one – six inches in length is about right to get a good vanilla taste. If you would prefer to use vanilla extract, use about a tablespoon.
When you are pouring the syrup into the custard cups, it is important to work quickly because it sets fast. The syrup will be soft and liquid when you serve the flans so do not worry if it sets when you first add it to the cups. This receta del flan de cajeta is easy to make and the vanilla bean, coupled with the cajeta (caramel syrup) gives it an authentic Mexican flavor.
This delicious dessert is perfect for a dinner party, since you can make it in advance. It is also nice after any kind of meal. The combination of flavors works nicely and everyone will enjoy this traditional Mexican flan recipe. Serve it by itself or with some fresh strawberries or raspberries on the side.
Evaporated milk and regular milk combine with eggs, water, vanilla and sugar to make this exciting and classic Mexican dessert. First you will make the dark syrup which drizzles attractively over the flan, and that is made by cooking sugar in a pan. After that you need to combine the rest of the ingredients to make the flan itself. This recipe is made in 6 separate custard cups so you end up with 6 individual portions.
This is a beautiful dessert to make for a crowd, especially since you can make it in advance. The last thing you want when hosting a dinner party is having too many things to do at once, so if you pick this recipe you can at least rest assured that once the flans are in the refrigerator you may forget all about them until it is time to serve them.
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup plus ⅓ cup white sugar
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Mix ⅓ cup of the sugar with the water in a small pan and cook it for 5 minutes over a moderately high heat, or until it is golden.
- Stir it occasionally.
- When it is golden, pour the syrup into 6 cooking spray-greased custard cups. Each custard cup should have a 6 ounce capacity. Tip the custard cups around so the syrup coats the whole base.
- Mix the rest of the sugar with the egg whites and eggs and whisk the mixture. Add the milk and evaporated milk and stir until smooth. Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla bean and stir them into the milk and egg mixture.
- Divide this mixture between the custard cups, and then arrange the cups in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Add an inch of hot water to the dish and bake the flans for an hour or until a knife inserted into one comes out clean.
- Take the cups out of the pan and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Cover the flans and chill them for 3 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- Use a rubber spatula or knife to loosen the edges of the flans.
- Put an upside down dessert plate on each cup and invert it, so the flan slides out in one piece.
- Drizzle any remaining syrup over the flan.
This receta del flan de cajeta is simple to make and it tastes wonderful. The cajeta syrup sliding down the sides of the flan tastes amazing and the flan itself is flavored with the seeds from a vanilla bean, giving it a great aroma and an authentic Mexican taste. This flan recipe can be made in advance and it is a light yet very satisfying idea for dessert. The whole family will love the combination of caramel and vanilla and these flans are hard to beat because they are so good.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (78390 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (68485 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (43760 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (40282 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (28979 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (20397 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (17479 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14732 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (12901 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (12609 Views)