Deliciously Authentic Mexican Cakes
Mexico is as famous for its delicious Mexican cakes as it is for its tacos, burritos, and salsas. Mexican cakes make a wonderful change from the cake recipes you might make normally and you can choose from such delicacies as Mexican sweet corn cake, the wonderful pastel de tres leches made with three types of milk, Mexican wedding cakes and many more.
Vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate, cream and more are favorite Mexican cake ingredients and there are many types of Mexican cakes to choose from, whether you want to make a big, rich cake, small light cakes, cakes for a celebration or cakes for having with your coffee in the afternoon.
Cakes with a Touch of Mexico
There is no doubt Mexican bakers know how to make wonderful cakes and you are sure to find all manner of tempting treats in a Mexican bakery. If you enjoy these treats but you want to learn how to make your own, rather than have to visit the bakery, we have a selection of delicious Mexican cake recipes for you to peruse, and you will find a variety of styles and types of cake. Perhaps you want to make something impressive like a birthday cake or wedding cake, or maybe you just want something yummy to enjoy with your afternoon coffee.
You will find a lot of Mexican cake recipes call for spices to be added, since Mexicans love to add spice to lots of foods and not just savory recipes either. You might find a chocolate cake recipe calling for chili powder to be added or a fruit cake with nutmeg, cinnamon or allspice. If you are not used to adding such ingredients to your cakes, give some of these recipes a try and you will see how the spices contribute an aromatic flavor to the overall taste of the cake.
Tres leches cake is a very popular one and this cake is lighter than you might imagine. Featuring 3 kinds of milk but no butter, this cake has large air bubbles in it, which is why the texture is light. The cake might have fresh fruit on top. Mexican chocolate pound cake is another favorite and this one has cinnamon and Mexican chocolate added.
Rosca is a circular cake which is made around Christmastime and the recipe contains almonds, lemon and orange zest. There are often fruits decorating the top of the cake and you can either purchase one or have a go at making your own. Why not choose a Mexican recipe the next time you are in the mood for baking? Choose from a chili chocolate cake, a cinnamon fruit cake or another variety. There are cakes for all occasions and even easy cake recipes for the beginner home cook.
3 Responses to Mexican Cakes
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119453 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63254 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45793 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34657 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24138 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23455 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18982 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17715 Views)