Vanilla and Chocolate Chipotle Brownies
These chipotle chocolate brownies have an authentic Mexican flavor and the chipotle gives the chocolate a real kick and boosts its flavor. This might at first sound like a strange combination but chocolate and chilies work so nicely together, in both sweet and savory recipes. Brownies might not be a Mexican creation but there is no mistaking the combination of flavors in this Mexican dessert recipe, and you will love the south of the border taste here.
A lot of Mexican desserts share common ingredients, such as chocolate, vanilla, nutmeg or cinnamon, but these ingredients are combined with others and added in different quantities, meaning that no two Mexican dessert recipes are alike. If your family enjoys eating brownies, why not make this tasty Mexican variation? You will love the way the chipotle enhances the chocolate flavor. This recipe serves 8 people and you can serve the brownies with some vanilla ice cream if you like, or even whipped cream.
Have you ever made brownies before? There is nothing to worry about if not, because they are very easy. The ingredients are combined and then the brownies batter goes into a baking dish and the brownies are baked in the oven until done. You then need to let them cool down a bit and sprinkle powdered sugar over the top. The rich, delicious flavor will really impress you and this recipe is suitable for a dinner party. Perhaps you might like to add some fresh strawberries or raspberries to the plate for an elegant garnish.
Although these are especially nice served after a Mexican entrée you can serve them after any kind of main dish. Alternatively they are good as a late afternoon snack – something to have with your coffee and satisfy your sweet tooth, or you might like to make a batch as a gift. These brownies are not like any brownies you have had before though, even if you have had vanilla and chocolate brownies. The chipotle chilies give them an incredible flavor and that kick is so amazing with the chocolate, guaranteeing a rich, hearty flavor which everyone should enjoy.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 whole dried chipotle or ¾ teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- Powdered sugar, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a baking dish.
- Heat the chocolate and butter over a medium low heat, stirring until melted.
- Combine the sugar, flour, chipotle and flour in a bowl and add this mixture to the melted chocolate and butter.
- Stir well.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let the brownies cool, then cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
These delicious brownies are sure to be a hit whether they make an appearance in the afternoon with a cup of coffee, or after a tasty Mexican entrée. The flavor is wonderful and the recipe includes cinnamon and vanilla for a distinctive Mexican taste, along with chipotle chili for a lovely kick. This is a very simple Mexican dessert to make because once you have combined your ingredients you just need to transfer the mixture into a dish and bake. The smell that will soon emerge from the oven is absolutely heavenly and a promise of the delicious dessert to come!
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117392 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)