Cheesecake Cookies with Vanilla Wafers
There are many vanilla sugar cookies recipes and lots of ways to make cookies. Mexico is a big country and there are many regional differences when it comes to dessert recipes, as well as savory ones. A good example of this variety is Mexican cookies. Some Mexican cookies recipes result in chewy, soft cookies and others made crisp, hard cookies. Mexican cookies can be filled with fruit, chocolate, or even cajeta. Some have chocolate drizzled on top and others are very plain with just cinnamon or vanilla as a flavoring.
Alfajores are very special Mexican cookies and these are two cookies sandwiched together with a cajeta filling and then rolled in coconut flakes. Other Mexican cookie recipes, like this vanilla oatmeal cookies recipe, are a lot simpler to make. Vanilla is one of the most popular Mexican flavors for making Mexican dessert recipes and the vanilla flavoring in the following vanilla cookies recipe comes from the crushed vanilla wafers as well as the vanilla extract.
If you wanted to, you could smear some jelly or marmalade over these cookies before baking them, just to add some color as well as a fruity sweetness and a further stickiness, but this is a totally optional step because they are great made the way they are. Soften the butter and cream cheese for this cookie recipe by leaving them at room temperature for half an hour before you start making the cookie dough.
Apart from the cream cheese and crushed vanilla wafers, the ingredients in these cookies are found in many cookie recipes. The butter, flour, egg and flour are found in many cookie recipes and when you add the cream cheese and vanilla, the texture changes and the flavor intensifies so you end up with something that is not only delicious and Mexican inspired but really special too.
These have a cheesecake flavor but not a cheesecake look, because instead of having a crust and a topping everything is combined so you end up with the cheesecake flavor in every bite. These have a rustic, homemade charm about them and you can get creative with the shapes, choosing any shape or style. Go for round or square cookies or try another shape if you want.
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup softened cream cheese
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Cream the butter with the cream cheese, then beat in the white sugar gradually, until the mixture is fluffy and light.
- Beat in the salt, wafer crumbs, and egg.
- Whisk the flour with the baking powder, and then add this to the cream cheese mixture.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of this cookie dough on to the greased cookie sheet and shape them however, you like.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to turn golden.
- The cookies will be slightly sticky and soft.
This vanilla oatmeal cookies recipe is so easy to make and you can shape them however, you want, maybe into curved shapes like in the picture or perhaps into rounds or triangles. The combination of vanilla wafers and vanilla extract gives these cookies a really strong vanilla flavor. They go beautifully with your preferred hot drink and they are great after dinner or as a snack at any time. Kids will love these cheesecake cookies with vanilla wafers just as much as adults do. This vanilla oatmeal cookies recipe is so simple to follow and you cannot go wrong if you follow the recipe. They come out of the oven sticky, soft, golden brown and smelling amazing.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (79428 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (70092 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (44525 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (40632 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (29353 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (20701 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (17810 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14928 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (13262 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (12778 Views)