Chocolate Chili Cookies
These delicious and rich chocolate cookies are flavored with chili powder, giving them an extra special flavor. These galletas de chocolate contain cocoa powder for a luxurious chocolate taste and cinnamon for a hint of authentic Mexican flavor. If you have never tried chili with chocolate before, you are in for a real treat with these cookies, because the flavor is amazing. This is a very simple recipe to make and you just have to combine the ingredients and form one ounce cookie shapes on a baking sheet. Bake the cookies for about eleven minutes and they will be crumbly, firm and bursting with amazing flavor.
The addition of ancho chili powder works so well with the chocolate flavor and Mexicans love to combine chili with contrasting flavors. One of the most popular flavors for frozen popsicles in Mexico is cucumber and chili. This sounds like a strange combination but sometimes blending two flavors as opposite as cucumber and chili or chocolate and chili can work really well. You can even look at this the other way round – chocolate is used in some savory Mexican recipes. Unsweetened cocoa powder has quite a savory flavor and it is good for making sauces or enhancing chili con carne. Chocolate is also used in Mexico’s popular mole sauce, which is a savory sauce.
This receta de galletas de chocolate is very easy to follow and even if you are not very experienced with baking or making cookies, you will not have any problems with this recipe. Serve these chili chocolate cookies after dinner as a special treat for your family, friends or dinner guests. It is up to you whether or not you mention the chili content before serving the cookies. There is not enough chili in the cookies to make them spicy or fiery but there is just enough to complement the sweet flavor and give them a little kick.
If you have never tried chocolate and hot chilies together, please do try this recipe because you will be absolutely amazed how well they go. Not only will you want to add hot chilies to your future sweet chocolate recipes but you will also want to add chocolate to your chili con carne in future because these flavor team so incredibly.
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift the cocoa, chili powder, salt and flour together.
- Beat the butter for a minute with an electric mixer, then add ¾ cup of the sugar and beat for 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Add the egg and beat for another minute. Stir in the flour mixture.
- Chill the dough for 45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Use a rounded tablespoons to drop cookie dough on to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Baked them for 6 minutes.
- Turn them over and bake the other side for 5 minutes.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes, and then sprinkle the remaining sugar and the cinnamon over the cookies.
This easy recipe makes the most delicious galletas de chocolate and the ancho chili powder gives them a real flavor boost. A lot of people have never before experienced the joys of combining chili with chocolate, so prepare for some surprised faces when people first bite into these cookies. You can serve them with a cup of coffee or champurrado, or even use them to garnish a Mexican ice cream dessert, custard, or pudding. Chili and chocolate cookies have an indescribably good flavor and the texture of these galletas is also the perfect balance of crisp and crumbly.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119456 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117462 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63262 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45802 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34668 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30406 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24143 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23463 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18993 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17729 Views)