One of the Best Cinnamon Oatmeal Nut Cookies Recipes
These delicious buttermilk oatmeal cinnamon cookies are so easy to make and they taste luscious. If you do not have, buttermilk simply substitute extra shortening instead. You can also add coconut, chocolate chips, raisins, or walnuts to this cinnamon oatmeal cookies recipe, for a different flavor. The recipe is incredibly simple and you just need to combine the ingredients and bake the cookies until they are done.
Cinnamon oatmeal nut cookies recipes are great after dinner or for a snack with any kind of drink. Adults and kids will love these cinnamon cookies, just like everyone loves all cinnamon oatmeal nut cookies recipes. There is something so comforting about cookies, especially Mexican cookies that tend to feature vanilla, cinnamon and often chocolate too. The Mexicans know how to make great dessert recipes and most Mexican cookies are light, crumbly, and bursting with the very best flavors.
The oatmeal gives these buttermilk oatmeal cinnamon cookies a wholesome flavor and a wonderful texture. Oats are very filling, making these cookies satisfying. You will still want to eat more than one though! This recipe makes about fifty cookies but that is if you make mini cookies. Make bigger ones if you like. They will require another couple of minutes of cooking time.
There are more ingredients in this cookie recipe than in some similar ones but do not let that put you off, because they are so nice. They are quick to make. Just beat the ingredients together and then bake the cookies until they are done. Peek through the oven door while they are cooking and you will see them turn golden brown. You will be able to see when they are done, and then you can let them cool.
Buttermilk adds a savory tang to a lot of savory dishes, but when used in a sweet recipe it adds a creaminess and helps improve the texture. You will not notice any bitter tang because there is also plenty of sugar in the recipe, as well as vanilla, which offer sweet accents to the flavor.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups raw oats
- ½ cup chopped mixed nuts
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the brown sugar, white sugar, nuts, shortening, buttermilk, water, vanilla, egg and cinnamon.
- Add the other ingredients and blend well.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of the batter on to a pair of greased cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies are firm and golden brown.
- Let them cool on a wire rack.
These simple buttermilk oatmeal cinnamon cookies are so easy that even if you are a complete cooking novice you will have no trouble with them whatsoever. Cinnamon oatmeal nut cookies recipes tend to be easy anyway but with this recipe, it is simply a case of combining the ingredients and baking the cookies until they are firm and golden brown. Sometimes the simplest cookie recipes are the best tasting and the ingredients in this oatmeal cookies recipe all complement one another nicely, making these cookies mouthwatering and very popular at any occasion.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119454 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63256 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45796 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34659 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23456 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17717 Views)