Recetas de Pasteles Mexicanos
These little treats are a cross between cookies and cakes. They are scented with vanilla and cinnamon and filled with a rich, chocolate mixture. For a less sweet result, you can use bittersweet chocolate chips instead of semisweet. This recipe is simple and the little cakes always come out delicious. Serve them after dinner or with a hot drink as a comforting snack at any time. You can serve these pastels mexicanos warm from the oven or cold. They are just as nice either way.
Recetas de pastels mexicanos, or Mexican cake recipes as we would say in English, do vary a lot but this simple recipe is one of the nicest ones to make because it is so simple and the results are well worth the effort. You can alter the recipe if you like, substituting almond extract for the vanilla or leaving out the mixed nuts.
You will find these pastels de chocolate mexicanos to be light, crumbly, and really flavorful. Kids and adults will love them and they are great after any type of entree. Feel free to make them any shape you want. They are nice triangular, square, round or any other shape you fancy, as long as the chocolate mixture is firmly sandwiched between the two halves.
Making These Delicious Cookies
Making them is really easy. Once you have gathered your ingredients together you can sugar and butter together and that is the first step in many cookie recipes. Add the other ingredients and chill the dough, then you can make the chocolate mixture which is going to be the filling in the cookies.
Although you can buy similar cookies from the store, it is true nothing beats the homemade kind, and these offer an amazing crumbly texture and as for the flavor it is really good. These look appetizing but serve these and watch the surprise on everyone’s faces when they bite into the cookie and the gooey chocolate filling oozes out. One of these is never enough!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Beat the butter using an electric mixer.
- Add half the powdered sugar and beat again.
- Mix the nuts with the ½ teaspoons of the cinnamon, the salt, and the flour, and then pour this into the butter mixture and beat.
- Stir in the vanilla extract. Shape the dough into a disk.
- Wrap it in plastic and chill it for between 1 hour and 2 days.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl over barely simmering water and stir in the cocoa powder and remaining cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll the dough out to a ½ inch thickness and cut rectangles.
- Sandwich the rectangles together with the chocolate mixture between them and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Arrange the cookies an inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Cool the cookies for 10 minutes on a wire rack then roll each one in the rest of the powdered sugar.
- When they are cold, roll them in the sugar again.
These melt in the mouth cakes or cookies are easy to make and they look really appetizing. The chocolate center is a nice surprise for anyone biting into these because you cannot see it. These light, crumbly cookies are typically Mexican in flavor and style and they are just as good enjoyed with a cup of coffee in the evening as they are after dinner or even in a box lunch. Pasteles mexicanos are full of flavor, suitable for many occasions and sure to be a hit with everybody.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Dessert Sopapilla Recipe January 24, 2015
- Some Authentic Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Some Traditional Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Types of Salsa January 24, 2015
- Fried Cinnamon Mexican Dessert with Lime Sauce January 23, 2015
- Sweet Meets Savory Corn Dessert Muffins January 22, 2015
- 6-Ingredient Breakfast Burritos January 21, 2015
- Baked Mixed Bean Quesadillas January 19, 2015
- Mexican Dessert Cheesecake with Orange December 21, 2014
- Best Taco Salad Recipe Ever December 8, 2014
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (111865 Views)
- Home (103663 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (60435 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44291 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (32991 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (28317 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (22611 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22117 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17599 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15310 Views)