Vanilla Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
If you want to make Mexican cookies, which are aromatic and crumbly yet full of wonderful texture and flavor, you will love this recipe for vanilla cookies. Crushed nuts, vanilla pudding mix, sugar, eggs, oats and more are combined to make these mouthwatering, golden brown cookies. So, can you make cookies with vanilla sugar? Absolutely, as the following recipe proves.
The easiest way to get the cookie dough on the cookie sheet is to use an ice cream scoop, and then either press them down with a fork or the bottom of a glass. This flattens them and also stops them from spreading out when they cook. You might like to make a thumbprint or an indentation in these vanilla cookies before baking them. Fill the indentation with jelly or jam. Alternatively, you can drizzle melted chocolate or coconut flakes over the top.
Vanilla sugar cookies recipes always go well with a cup of hot chocolate, champurrado or coffee and you will love this vanilla oatmeal cookies recipe. Not only are these cookies simple to make but the flavor and texture are both perfect. Whether you have made cheesecake cookies with vanilla wafers before or something similar, or whether you are totally new to cookie making, you will not have any problems with this simple Mexican cookie recipe.
So Easy to Prepare
Even if you are new to baking you will find these to be a real breeze to put together. To sum up the preparation steps you simply need to combine the ingredients, pinch off pieces of the dough and bake the cookies. That is all you need to do, so if you are in doubt go ahead and try this recipe because the steps are easy and the results are fantastic.
The cookies are sweet and crumbly and they will go well with any beverage you choose, from a Mexican champurrado to a cup of coffee or hot tea. These offer a homemade look as well as a fresh, homemade flavor. You will probably have most of the ingredients already, perhaps all, in the kitchen, so go ahead and make these lovely treats.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups butter
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 ¾ teaspoons crushed nuts
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups raw oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the egg with the brown sugar, vanilla sugar and butter.
- Mix the salt with the flour and nuts.
- Pour this mixture into the sugar and butter mixture and form a dough.
- Pinch off pieces of the dough to make the vanilla cookies and arrange them on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Flatten them with a fork or the bottom of a glass, and then bake for 12 minutes.
These melt-in-the-mouth, golden brown vanilla cookies are so good. They are easy to make and you will have no trouble at all with this simple vanilla oatmeal cookies recipe. The flavors of vanilla, oats, and nuts gives these cookies a wholesome flavor and a couple of these with a mug of coffee makes an ideal afternoon pick-me-up. Try serving them with hot chocolate or champurrado and you can dunk them for the ultimate treat! These vanilla cookies look good and taste incredible. They are flavorful and impressive enough to serve to guests after dinner.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119453 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63254 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45794 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34657 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23455 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17717 Views)