Apple Empanadas with Cinnamon
Empanadas are a sweet pastry snack with a filling inside. This apple empanadas recipe combines apple pie filling with cinnamon to make a delicious empanada filling. The pastry is homemade and these little round empanadas make a great breakfast, snack or dessert. Apple empanadas can be served with cream or ice cream. They are also good in a packed lunch. A lot of Mexican dessert recipes are versatile and you can serve them in lots of different ways. Apple empanadas are very versatile.
These are really tasty and you will find everyone in the family loves them from the youngest to the eldest. There is nothing not to love. The taste is just so good. You might like to add some grated Mexican chocolate to the apple pie filling for an extra flavor. Making this recipe is very simple. You need to make the dough and then fill it with cinnamon-infused apple as your filling. Seal the empanadas well and then bake them for succulent, sweet and perfect results. Serve these with coffee or your beverage of choice for a perfect snack.
Empanadas are so easy to make. If you live in Mexico, somewhere with Mexican bakeries or somewhere you can get empanadas, you might prefer to buy them rather than make them, but there are lots of places empanadas are just unavailable, despite the ingredients being so easy to get a hold of. This is why it pays to learn how to make empanadas, because you can make so many different kinds, from the beef or chicken ones you might already know, to dessert empanadas like these cinnamon apple ones.
There are so many Mexican baked recipes to choose from, it can be hard sometimes to make a decision about what to make. You cannot go wrong with empanadas though. They are perfect in every way, with the pastry enclosing the delicious filling, and the huge choice of empanada varieties to choose from. A lot of people have only tried the savory ones which might be filled with shrimp, chicken, beef, egg, cheese, beans, or a mixture of ingredients, but the sweet ones are also amazing. Make life easier by using apple pie filling instead of chopping and cooking your own apples, and add cinnamon for flavor, and the result is something satisfying and truly delicious, as well as wholly authentic.
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 can apple pie filling
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, chopped
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Mix together the salt, ¼ cup of the sugar and the flour.
- Add the butter, then 2 of the eggs.
- Keep mixing until the dough starts coming together.
- Turn it out on to a floured work surface and divide the dough in half.
- Knead each half into a ball.
- Wrap the balls in plastic and refrigerate for an hour.
- Combine the apple pie filling with the cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough and cut rounds (you can use the apple pie filling can to do this).
- Fill the rounds with apples, put another round on top of each one and press down the edges with a fork.
- Put the empanadas on a greased cookie sheet and brush them with the remaining beaten egg.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar over the top.
- Pierce the tops with a fork and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Apple empanadas are versatile enough to be breakfast, lunch, a snack or dessert. Filled with a delectable apple and cinnamon mixture, these little Mexican pastries taste fresh and delicious, and anyone can make them because the result is so easy. Serve these warm from the oven or make them ahead and serve them chilled. Any of these serving suggestions are good, and you can also consider adding vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, or even a little of each, to add to the merit of this Mexican dessert recipe. A little dulce de leche would also work here.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)