Mexican Chocolate Fruit Dipping Sauce with Kahlua
Mexican chocolate sauce is a delicious and versatile Mexican dessert recipe and you can use it for dipping churros or to top your ice cream. This is one great way of making your dessert authentic and adding plenty of flavor. Kahlua is optional in the following recipe but it is a Mexican chocolate liqueur and adds a really luxurious feel and flavor to this Mexican chocolate sauce and to other Mexican chocolate recipes also. Use Tia Maria if you can’t find it.
This is one of our quick Mexican dessert recipes and you can choose from the stove or microwave methods, depending which you prefer or which is easier. You will need sugar, cream, chocolate, cinnamon and, if you want to use it, Kahlua to make this tasty sauce, and the prep is so easy. The choice of using the stove or the microwave is yours. It just depends how much of a rush you are in or whether you are making other recipes and are already using all the burners on the stove.
Although you can serve this with sweet foods like pancakes, waffles, churros, or ice cream, it is especially good with fresh fruit, and healthier too because the sweet sauce is contrasting with the tart sweetness of the fruit. Consider apple, strawberries, nectarines, pineapple, blackberries, and anything with a bright color. Try to combine different colors for visual appeal, offering toothpicks so people can help themselves to a piece of fruit, dip it into the chocolate sauce and then pop this tasty morsel into their mouth. What a great way to get the kids to eat their fruit, since nobody is going to resist it when there is a delicious chocolate dip. Obviously leave out the Kahlua if this dip is going to be for the kids.
There are lots of chocolate sauce recipes to choose from, and most countries have their own way of making it, but choose this Mexican chocolate sauce recipe and you will really enjoy the richness of it, as well as the delicious flavor the Kahlua lends to the sauce. Any fruit is delicious dipped into this sauce or you might just want to drizzle it over vanilla ice cream instead. Stick with vanilla or a very simple flavor though, to let the Kahlua, dark chocolate and other rich accents shine through. This is quick and easy to make, and takes literally just a few minutes especially if you are using the microwave to melt the ingredients together.
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons Kahlua (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To prepare the sauce on the stove, combine the cream and chocolate in a pan and heat it gently, stirring until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon and Kahlua and serve.
- To prepare it using the microwave, put the cream and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 20 seconds at a time, stirring each time.
- When the mixture is smooth, add the Kahlua and cinnamon.
This sauce is a great topper for your helado (ice cream) or for dipping fruit or churros in. It’s very simple and sure to make your dessert authentically Mexican. The cinnamon adds an aromatic accent to the sauce and the Kahlua, although optional, adds that last touch of luxury to the sauce. Leave out the Kahlua if you prefer not to use it, or use Tia Maria if you have that instead (although Kahlua is better because it is authentically Mexican). Once you taste this wonderful chocolate sauce you will want to make it again and again.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117388 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34624 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30371 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)