Pina Colada Mousse
This tasty and light Mexican dessert recipe combines pineapple, coconut, eggs, rum and more for a really refreshing dessert. The fresh pineapple makes a beautiful, edible garnish which gives this mousse an elegant look and makes it suitable for Mexican themed dinner parties or, in fact, any dinner party where you want to serve something impressive.
You can leave the rum out of this pina colada mousse if you do not want to use alcohol or if you are going to serve this to a mixed group which includes kids, but it does give the mousse a great flavor and counteracts the sweetness of the coconut and pineapple. Use a little rum essence if you leave out the rum, for a similar flavor. The eggs and gelatin give this mousse a great consistency and the whipped cream keeps it light and airy. This is a beautiful springtime or summer dessert and, if you like making Mexican food recipes, you will find that this creamy pineapple mousse is wonderful after something spicy and full of chilies because it cools the mouth down again and finishes off any meal in style.
Even if you are new to making Mexican desserts, you will find this one easy to prepare. Make sure the bowl is very clean before you start beating the egg whites, else they will not form peaks, and you need them to do that to help with the mousse consistency. This is a very simple mousse recipe and the tropical flavors are uplifting and mouthwateringly good. If you like to drink pina colada cocktails, you will find this Mexican mousse recipe to have the same tropical flavor but a light, airy, and fluffy texture too.
Perhaps you are having a dinner party and considering Mexican food or a Tex-Mex menu. In either case, you might like to think about making this dessert, because not only is it exotic and special, but it offers a refreshing flavor which clears the palate beautifully. This is a stunning dessert to look at and the fresh pineapple garnish is especially lovely.
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- ⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 cup drained, crushed pineapple
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons whipped cream
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons white rum (optional)
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, to garnish
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the water in a bowl and stand the bowl in simmering water.
- Stir until the gelatin dissolves, and then let the mixture cool down.
- Divide the crushed pineapple between 4 serving bowls.
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks, and then add the coconut cream, rum and pineapple juice.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Beat the egg whites until you get soft peaks, and then add this to the mousse mixture.
- Divide it between the serving bowls and let the mousses set in the refrigerator.
- Garnish each one with a slice of fresh pineapple and serve chilled.
This is a really nice-looking Mexican dessert and the combination of cream, coconut, pineapple and more results in a fantastic flavored mousse which is sure to be popular at any event, party or dinner. This is an easy mousse recipe to make and the combination of heady tropical flavors will instantly transport you to a warm Mexican beach, no matter where you are. This wonderful mousse looks great and tastes even better. If you are looking for impressive dessert recipes with a tropical Mexican flavor, this one is highly recommended.
2 Responses to Pina Colada Mousse
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119457 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117465 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63266 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45802 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34670 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30406 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24147 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23463 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18993 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17729 Views)