Pina Colada Mousse
This tasty and light Mexican dessert recipe combines pineapple, coconut, eggs, rum and more for a really refreshing dessert. The fresh pineapple makes a beautiful, edible garnish which gives this mousse an elegant look and makes it suitable for Mexican themed dinner parties or, in fact, any dinner party where you want to serve something impressive.
You can leave the rum out of this pina colada mousse if you do not want to use alcohol or if you are going to serve this to a mixed group which includes kids, but it does give the mousse a great flavor and counteracts the sweetness of the coconut and pineapple. Use a little rum essence if you leave out the rum, for a similar flavor. The eggs and gelatin give this mousse a great consistency and the whipped cream keeps it light and airy. This is a beautiful springtime or summer dessert and, if you like making Mexican food recipes, you will find that this creamy pineapple mousse is wonderful after something spicy and full of chilies because it cools the mouth down again and finishes off any meal in style.
Even if you are new to making Mexican desserts, you will find this one easy to prepare. Make sure the bowl is very clean before you start beating the egg whites, else they will not form peaks, and you need them to do that to help with the mousse consistency. This is a very simple mousse recipe and the tropical flavors are uplifting and mouthwateringly good. If you like to drink pina colada cocktails, you will find this Mexican mousse recipe to have the same tropical flavor but a light, airy, and fluffy texture too.
Perhaps you are having a dinner party and considering Mexican food or a Tex-Mex menu. In either case, you might like to think about making this dessert, because not only is it exotic and special, but it offers a refreshing flavor which clears the palate beautifully. This is a stunning dessert to look at and the fresh pineapple garnish is especially lovely.
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- ⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 cup drained, crushed pineapple
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons whipped cream
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons white rum (optional)
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, to garnish
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the water in a bowl and stand the bowl in simmering water.
- Stir until the gelatin dissolves, and then let the mixture cool down.
- Divide the crushed pineapple between 4 serving bowls.
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks, and then add the coconut cream, rum and pineapple juice.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Beat the egg whites until you get soft peaks, and then add this to the mousse mixture.
- Divide it between the serving bowls and let the mousses set in the refrigerator.
- Garnish each one with a slice of fresh pineapple and serve chilled.
This is a really nice-looking Mexican dessert and the combination of cream, coconut, pineapple and more results in a fantastic flavored mousse which is sure to be popular at any event, party or dinner. This is an easy mousse recipe to make and the combination of heady tropical flavors will instantly transport you to a warm Mexican beach, no matter where you are. This wonderful mousse looks great and tastes even better. If you are looking for impressive dessert recipes with a tropical Mexican flavor, this one is highly recommended.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
2 Responses to Pina Colada Mousse
Leave a Reply
- Cinco de Mayo Gourmet Mexican Salad Platter May 5, 2015
- We’re Having a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta May 5, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Doce May 4, 2015
- Black Bean and Avocado Salsa with 2 Kinds of Corn May 4, 2015
- Vegetarian Nachos with Homemade Chips May 3, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Once May 3, 2015
- Skirt Steak with Tequila and Lime May 2, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Diez May 2, 2015
- Authentic Chiapas Pork Empanadas May 1, 2015
- Albondigas in Sauce – Mexican Meatballs May 1, 2015
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (115005 Views)
- Home (114627 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (61689 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44729 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (33417 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (29444 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23214 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22421 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17852 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15709 Views)