Receta de Empanada de Cajeta
Empanadas are savory Spanish pastries, which became popular in Mexico with the arrival of the Spanish conquistadores. These little pastries are filled with various savory ingredients, but there is no reason why you cannot try sweet fillings instead, although empanadas are not sweet traditionally. Savory empanadas can be made with beef, chicken, vegetables, cheese, or eggs.
The sweet ones might be made with pumpkin, mixed fruit, apple, or berries. In the following recipe for sweet empanadas, cajeta, apple, and cinnamon are combined for a wonderfully sweet and sticky result. The receta de empanada de cajeta is very flavorful and these empanadas are easy to prepare. You can make them in any shape or size you like. You might prefer to cut disks out of the pastry, rather than diamond shapes, and top each pastry disk with another, to make round empanadas. You can make very big empanadas or mini ones. It is up to you.
Sprinkle the top of them with sugar and cinnamon before baking to reinforce the sweet flavor if you like. If you do not like cajeta or you do not want to make it, simply double the amount of apple pie filling and leave the cajeta out of the recipe.
Apple and Cinnamon Empanadas with Cajeta
Summary: coming soon
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chopped into cubes
- ½ can apple pie filling
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, and salt using an electric mixer on a low speed, then mix in the butter. Add 2 of the beaten eggs and mix again.
- Sprinkle flour over a board, and then tip out the dough on it.
- Divide it in half and knead each half into a round ball.
- Wrap the dough halves in plastic and refrigerate for an hour.
- Bring the white sugar and water to a boil without stirring it.
- When the sugar goes orange, stir in enough cream to make the cajeta more liquid, then stir in the butter.
- Let it cool and thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the apple pie filling with the cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough halves and cut 5 inch diamond shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Divide the apple and cinnamon mixture between the dough disks, keeping the mixture on one side, then the cajeta while it is still lukewarm and semi-liquid.
- Fold the diamond shapes over to get triangles and crimp the edges.
- Brush the empanadas with the remaining beaten egg.
- Arrange them on a greased cookie sheet and poke a couple of holes in each empanada using a fork.
- Bake them for half an hour or until they are golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes then serve warm.
- These can also be enjoyed cold.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Mexican
You can see from this picture that this receta de empanada de cajeta looks mouthwateringly good. Filled with a heavenly combination of apples, cinnamon and homemade caramel, these apple, and cajeta empanadas are well worth making. They make a delicious breakfast, a snack that you can enjoy at any time with a cup of champurrado or coffee, or dessert after your favorite Mexican meal. Empanadas are popular in Spain and all over South America, although the fillings and shapes vary from place to place. This recipe is especially simple and the homemade pastry is really good as well.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (70597 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (58709 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (39199 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (37191 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27226 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18482 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14970 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14023 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11727 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10855 Views)