6-Ingredient Breakfast Burritos
Are you looking for a quick and easy breakfast that you can make for your family before school or on a busy day? Try these breakfast burritos and your family will be ready for the day with a full tummy. Nobody is going to be hungry again before lunchtime rolls around because these are lovely and filling. The whole family is sure to agree. They make a lovely change from your usual cold cereal or Pop-Tarts, and the Mexican flavors are sure to thrill your palate.
If you buy readymade breakfast foods so that your kids have a quick and easy but nutritious breakfast as they head out the door for school, then that might sound like a good idea initially. But take into consideration the cost of a box of 6 breakfast burritos is about 5 dollars. This sounds fairly reasonable and it could be if you get them on sale. Well, what if I told you that for the price of just one box of premade breakfast burritos you could make about twice that amount for your family at home with little effort on your part. Of course homemade burritos taste much better than those frozen ones you get.
Making these quick, easy and tasty burritos is super-fun and simple to do. Anyone can manage this recipe with complete ease. Furthermore, when you make these to freeze for your family’s future breakfasts, you will know exactly what foods and seasonings are in them, because you made them yourself. Commercial burritos contain all kinds of additives in the form of chemicals, artificial flavors, preservatives, and the rest. Who wants to eat all then when they do not have to? Do yourself and your family a favor and make your own burritos for breakfast.
To make these, you will need a large can of refried beans, a package of large flour tortillas, eggs, bacon, shredded cheese, and a chopped tomato. Cook the ingredients according to instructions below and roll the mixture up in tortillas as directed. If you plan on freezing them, wrap the burritos individually in foil and then place them in a Ziploc freezer bag to enjoy a wholesome and healthy breakfast on the go. Simply zap the frozen ones in the microwave whenever you are ready to enjoy them. Make one big bath of burritos once a month, and enjoy this tasty breakfast daily.
- 1 lb bacon
- 16 oz refried beans
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 10 eggs
- 8 oz shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Drain and set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm them in the oven.
- Alternatively you can microwave them (use paper towels instead of foil if you do this).
- Fry the eggs until firm.
- Warm the tomatoes with the refried beans in a pan.
- Top each tortilla with tomatoes, refried beans, 2 strips of bacon, a fried egg and some cheese.
- Roll the tortillas up into burritos and serve immediately.
- Serve 2 breakfast burritos to each person.
These are simple to make and they taste so good. If you usually enjoy a hot breakfast why not wrap your favorite ingredients in a tortilla and then you have breakfast burritos you can enjoy at the table or on the go. Use any ingredients you wish to make these. Keep them simple with eggs and tomato as well as a little cheese, or add bacon, sausage, hash browns, onion, or anything else you want. Make a batch of these and wrap them in aluminum foil to freeze them. You can then bake or microwave them whenever you want to have a Mexican breakfast.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117392 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)