Baked Chicken Burritos
Chicken burritos are as popular in Mexican as beef burritos and this chicken burritos recipe includes sour cream, chili powder, cheese, and tomatoes for an authentic Mexican recipe flavor. You can double the recipe and use two baking dishes or one large one to cook the burritos if you want to make more. Burritos are a classic Mexican recipe and they are one of the most popular dishes ordered at Mexican restaurants.
These burritos are simple to make and the layer of melted cheese is really mouthwatering. Because burritos are baked, that leaves you free to make side dishes or get on with other things while they cook. You could also make the burritos in advance and pop them into the oven when you are ready to cook them. The lettuce and tomato on top adds color to the burritos and the contrasting temperatures, textures and flavors work nicely together.
If you are a fan of Mexican recipes, this chicken burritos recipe is sure to become a staple in your kitchen because it is easy to make and tastes great. It is possible to find burritos made in corn shells but the traditional Mexican burrito recipe uses flour tortillas.
Easy Chicken Burritos
Summary: coming soon
- 3 lbs shredded, cooked chicken
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 7 ½ oz can tomatoes with jalapeño peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 cup sliced iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas, 8 inches diameter
- Combine the chicken, canned tomatoes with their liquid, chili powder, sour cream and salt in a bowl.
- Divide the refried beans between each tortilla, spreading them evenly over.
- Divide the chicken between each tortilla, placing it in the centers.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the chicken and roll up the burritos.
- Place them seam side down in a 12 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown.
- Sprinkle the lettuce and tomato over the top and serve.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (70279 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (58479 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (39097 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (37093 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27187 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18449 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14905 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (13994 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11690 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10795 Views)