Baked Chicken Burritos
Chicken burritos are as popular in Mexican as beef burritos and this chicken burritos recipe includes sour cream, chili powder, cheese, and tomatoes for an authentic Mexican recipe flavor. You can double the recipe and use two baking dishes or one large one to cook the burritos if you want to make more. Burritos are a classic Mexican recipe and they are one of the most popular dishes ordered at Mexican restaurants.
These burritos are simple to make and the layer of melted cheese is really mouthwatering. Because burritos are baked, that leaves you free to make side dishes or get on with other things while they cook. You could also make the burritos in advance and pop them into the oven when you are ready to cook them. The lettuce and tomato on top adds color to the burritos and the contrasting temperatures, textures and flavors work nicely together.
If you are a fan of Mexican recipes, this chicken burritos recipe is sure to become a staple in your kitchen because it is easy to make and tastes great. It is possible to find burritos made in corn shells but the traditional Mexican burrito recipe uses flour tortillas.
You will find this very easy to make. Simply combine your chicken with tomatoes, chili powder and sour cream, spread the refried beans over the tortillas and then add the chicken mixture you just made. Add the cheese and roll up the burritos then cover them in cheese and bake until done.
As you can imagine, this is a very straightforward way to make this authentic Mexican dish and when you take the burritos out of the oven the cheese will have melted over them and the flavors in the filling will have blended beautifully. Although crunchy tacos are nice and fajitas are fun to assemble if there is a crowd, sometimes the soft, cheesy comfort food appeal of burritos is perfect for the occasion, and this recipe shows you just how easy they are to make.
- 3 lbs shredded, cooked chicken
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 7 ½ oz can tomatoes with jalapeño peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 cup sliced iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas, 8 inches diameter
- Combine the chicken, canned tomatoes with their liquid, chili powder, sour cream and salt in a bowl.
- Divide the refried beans between each tortilla, spreading them evenly over.
- Divide the chicken between each tortilla, placing it in the centers.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the chicken and roll up the burritos.
- Place them seam side down in a 12 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown.
- Sprinkle the lettuce and tomato over the top and serve.
These burritos with chicken, tomatoes, refried beans and cheese are richly flavored and so good. They are easy to put together and then they are topped in cheese and baked to perfection. The tortillas will come out soft but slightly crisp on the ends, and the cheese will have melted beautifully over the top. Burritos can be served with guacamole and onion on top, like in the picture, or just as they are. Some salad served alongside offers color, nutrients and a contrasting texture. This is one of the easiest burrito recipes to try and if you have leftover cooked chicken it is the perfect dish to make.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Caviar Been Dip Texas Style April 11, 2016
- Home (118548 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (116380 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (62481 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45232 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34018 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (29944 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23703 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23012 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18425 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (16578 Views)