Beef Burrito Supreme with Refried Beans
A burrito is a tortilla filled with beef, pork, or chicken. Burritos are a popular northern Mexican food. American style burritos are usually thick and contain a lot of other ingredients as well as the meat. A traditional Mexican burrito is thin and contains only meat.
Burritos are actually more common in the United States than in Mexico and few restaurants in central and south Mexico serve them unless they are catering to American tourists. This burrito supreme recipe contains plenty of mouthwatering ingredients such as onion, beans, tomato, and sour cream. This is a microwave recipe so it does not take long to cook.
Burritos are best served steaming hot and they make a great lunch or a snack at any time. If you are feeling especially hungry, you will probably appreciate a burrito supreme more than the authentic Mexican burritos, because there are plenty more ingredients in there to keep you satisfied for longer. It might seem like there are a lot of ingredients in this burrito recipe but it is well worth making because it is so delicious.
These burritos are generously filled with a spicy beef mixture which is perfect for warming you up, but it is also nice during the warmer months. Anytime is good for a burrito! Along with the spicy beef these burritos feature refried beans, enchilada sauce, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and sour cream. You can just imagine how delicious this is going to be.
These are thick and jam-packed full of lovely hot ingredients so you will need to serve them with cutlery. They are too hot and messy to pick up and eat with the fingers really. If you are a burrito fan, you will find this recipe really satisfies your craving for Mexican (or should we say Tex-Mex) food, and it is also an easy dish to make, something the whole family will be sure to really love.
- ½ cup water
- 8 flour tortillas, 10 inch
- Dash of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup enchilada sauce
- 1 tomato, diced
- Mix together the flour, beef, salt, minced onion, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika, using your hands to combine everything well.
- Put the water in a skillet and add the ground beef mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring to break up the meat.
- Heat the refried beans in a covered container for a couple of minutes in the microwave.
- Cook the tortillas in the microwave for about 40 seconds.
- Spread some of the refried beans in the middle of each tortilla, and then top this with ⅛ of the meat mixture and a tablespoon of enchilada sauce.
- Spread some sour cream on top of the enchilada sauce and finally add cheese, tomato, onion, and lettuce.
- Fold the end of the tortilla over the filling, then fold the left and right sides inwards and finally the top edge, so you have a rectangle shaped wrap.
- Repeat with the other tortillas. Serve these burritos right away, while they are warm.
This amazing burrito supreme is one of the best recipes to make if you are really hungry because after eating this you are not going to be hungry anymore! Stuffed with refried beans, beef, cheese, salad vegetables and more, there is no doubt this is a real feast. True Mexican burritos are quite thin and contain meat while the Tex-Mex equivalent (this recipe, for example) tends to offer far more to get your teeth into. Serve these nice and hot so the flavors are especially intense, and make sure you bookmark this recipe so you can make it again and again. The sour cream you can see drizzled on top is optional.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (79292 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (69895 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (44419 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (40612 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (29309 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (20653 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (17759 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14905 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (13237 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (12753 Views)