Beef Burrito Supreme with Refried Beans
A burrito is a tortilla filled with beef, pork, or chicken. Burritos are a popular northern Mexican food. American style burritos are usually thick and contain a lot of other ingredients as well as the meat. A traditional Mexican burrito is thin and contains only meat.
Burritos are actually more common in the United States than in Mexico and few restaurants in central and south Mexico serve them unless they are catering to American tourists. This burrito supreme recipe contains plenty of mouthwatering ingredients such as onion, beans, tomato, and sour cream. This is a microwave recipe so it does not take long to cook.
Burritos are best served steaming hot and they make a great lunch or a snack at any time. If you are feeling especially hungry, you will probably appreciate a burrito supreme more than the authentic Mexican burritos, because there are plenty more ingredients in there to keep you satisfied for longer. It might seem like there are a lot of ingredients in this burrito recipe but it is well worth making because it is so delicious.
How to Make Burritos
Summary: coming soon
- ½ cup water
- 8 flour tortillas, 10 inch
- Dash of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup enchilada sauce
- 1 tomato, diced
- Mix together the flour, beef, salt, minced onion, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika, using your hands to combine everything well.
- Put the water in a skillet and add the ground beef mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring to break up the meat.
- Heat the refried beans in a covered container for a couple of minutes in the microwave.
- Cook the tortillas in the microwave for about 40 seconds.
- Spread some of the refried beans in the middle of each tortilla, and then top this with ? of the meat mixture and a tablespoon of enchilada sauce.
- Spread some sour cream on top of the enchilada sauce and finally add cheese, tomato, onion, and lettuce.
- Fold the end of the tortilla over the filling, then fold the left and right sides inwards and finally the top edge, so you have a rectangle shaped wrap.
- Repeat with the other tortillas. Serve these burritos right away, while they are warm.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (69468 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (57766 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (38787 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (36833 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27104 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18245 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14713 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (13937 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11620 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10660 Views)