Egg and Bacon Breakfast Burrito Recipe
This is a quick and easy breakfast burrito recipe. If you like traditional Mexican recipes, why not try this one morning to get your day off to a good start? The spicy scrambled eggs combine nicely with the bacon and the salad ingredients add freshness to these taste burritos. This recipe is ideal for any day and any season. If you like Mexican food, there is no reason you cannot enjoy it for breakfast too.
If you normally enjoy bacon and eggs, this Mexican breakfast recipe is just taking that one step further and adding tortillas, sour cream, spices, cheese and more. Make this special breakfast for two as a surprise for your partner. It is a nice breakfast for Valentine’s day because it shows you have put some effort into it. Your partner’s birthday would be another nice occasion to make this or, in fact, any time you fancy something extra special and extra satisfying for breakfast.
A breakfast burrito makes a satisfying breakfast and you can add sour cream, hot sauce, or both to the finished breakfast burritos. These breakfast burritos are healthy as well as delicious and starting the day with an indulgence breakfast burrito will give you plenty of energy and keep you full until lunchtime.
Something that will appeal to kids and grownups alike, these breakfast burritos make a novel change from whatever you normally eat first thing in the morning. Even if you do not usually have breakfast, these will make you change your mind because the flavor is so delicious and they are nicely filling without being too heavy first thing in the morning.
The ingredients list is not too long and the prep steps are also fairly concise, so you can see there is nothing too taxing about making this first thing in the day. Change the amount of chipotle if you want to spice it up or make it milder, or leave it out if you are making this for kids. This is colorful, nutritious and jam-packed with wonderful south of the border flavors.
- 2 flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Handful shredded lettuce
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 rashers (back) bacon, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Beat the eggs with the chipotle chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, add the eggs, and scramble them.
- Fry the bacon until it is crisp.
- Divide the eggs and bacon between the tortillas.
- Add the lettuce, onion, and tomatoes and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Roll up the breakfast burritos and serve with sour cream and hot sauce on the side.
This colorful breakfast burrito recipe certainly makes a change from a bowl of cornflakes. The combination of egg, bacon, cheese and more is spiced up in true Mexican style and this hot, satisfying breakfast is guaranteed to be worth getting out of bed for. This is an especially great treat in the winter or when it is cold outside and the prospect of a hot breakfast is very tempting. A breakfast burrito does not take very long to make and if you fancy something different to start the day with, this could be the perfect solution.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
One Response to Egg and Bacon Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Cinco de Mayo Gourmet Mexican Salad Platter May 5, 2015
- We’re Having a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta May 5, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Doce May 4, 2015
- Black Bean and Avocado Salsa with 2 Kinds of Corn May 4, 2015
- Vegetarian Nachos with Homemade Chips May 3, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Once May 3, 2015
- Skirt Steak with Tequila and Lime May 2, 2015
- 12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Diez May 2, 2015
- Authentic Chiapas Pork Empanadas May 1, 2015
- Albondigas in Sauce – Mexican Meatballs May 1, 2015
- Home (116974 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (115716 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (62125 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44939 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (33667 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (29676 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23430 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22665 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18114 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (16061 Views)