Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado
I am getting close to the big day and I hope you have been enjoying the twelve days jingle You didn’t jump ahead I hope here is the link for today’s verse “12 Days of Cinco de Mayo – Day Cuatro“. It is a fun little jingle to help get you there and I hope you have been celebrating with the daily recipe suggestion what better way to celebrate the upcoming holiday than through its food. Now of course you can actually serve any Mexican inspired dish there are no set food rules for Cinco de Mayo unlike Thanksgiving it has no special items only served on that day although recipes from the state of Puebla are commonly featured.
If you love Mexican inspired recipes why not try starting your breakfast of with a nice breakfast burrito they are a wonderful way to make a hot breakfast for the family that the kids will love as they are so much fun to eat. This recipe is really straightforward and I do offer some suggestions in both the recipe text and photo description on ways to modify this so please do take the time to ready the whole page it has tidbits of info throughout the whole text.
Sorry about missing yesterday my husband and I take my father-in-law out to the grocery store so he can get out and check out the goodies he is 87 so he lets us do the driving. Whatever the case it ended up being too late by the time we got back to get a quality recipe out to you so this got delayed a day. I will not skimp quality on anything just to say I did sorry not my style. If I can’t do it right I would rather not do it at all and I am particular about my sites I have been in a constant quality improvement program since day one and today’s recipes are a far improvement from where I started I have made little advancements whenever something I thought would improve the sites over time.
I pass this philosophy onto all my staff too. We all want something we are proud to call our own and my picture and name is on every site so I want something I can say with confidence I was proud to share. With this recipe it is easy to increase it from four to whatever size family you need to accommodate so feel free to tweak as always. If you like a bit of spice in your breakfast sandwich just hit it with a bit of your favorite hot sauce and it will give it a little zing or a lot if you really like to wake up without the use of coffee.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 hass avocados, cubed
- 1 bunch chive, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup salsa (optional)
- Mexican blend cheese, shredded (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Beat the eggs with a fork or whisk and add 1 tablespoon of milk this helps make the eggs lighter and fluffier. Set this aside for right now.
- Heat a table spoon of the coconut oil in a non stick skillet (this imparts a nice taste into the eggs) add the garlic and cook for two minutes until slightly golden lower the heat for the eggs and whisk the eggs again and pour them into the skillet and scramble the eggs scraping the pan often to keep them from over cooking. If using the cheese add it when they are about 90% cooked so it melts.
- Divide the scrambled eggs between the four flour tortillas add the chive and avocado and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap them up and serve with salsa if using.
As far as breakfast burritos go this is a very simple one and one with that California flare if you haven’t tried avocado in any cooked dishes eggs is a good one to try it in. It adds a nice creamy texture to the eggs that otherwise might be absent. As far as breakfast burritos are concerned this one has very few items in it now you can always add to this if say you want a meat element either diced honey ham or bacon would be good you may even like it with cut up pieces of breakfast sausage in it.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119390 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117330 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63183 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45736 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34590 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30345 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24100 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23408 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18922 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17601 Views)