Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken
Ah, burritos; the ever popular, incredibly versatile Mexican wrap sandwich. Their very nature lends this dish to a great many variations, nearly all of which have a large and devoted audience.
There are a lot of possibilities to explore with burritos; but this particular recipe is a perennial favorite, the burrito suizo (literally, “wet burrito”). This variation is filled with chicken and served topped with salsa and sour cream. It is a little too messy to eat on the go, but definitely a great way to enjoy a burrito.
Other than cooking the chicken, this is a quick and easy recipe to prepare. If you already have some cooked chicken on hand, then this can be a quick meal indeed. The amount of work which goes into putting things together is minimal and of course, a great burrito is definitely a reward well worth a little bit of effort. A little chicken, a little bit of black beans, some salsa, and spices are all it takes to make a burrito, which is much more than the sum of its parts.
Chicken And Black Bean Burrito Suizo
Summary: coming soon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 12 cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 12 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, diced (adjust to taste)
- 4-8 tortillas (8″ or 9″ tortillas are best)
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Green salsa, to taste
- Sour cream (if desired)
- Heat oil and sauté onions and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring regularly.
- Once the onions turn translucent (about 3 minutes), add the chicken, beans, cumin and jalapeno and continue cooking until the chicken and beans are heated through and the jalapenos begin to turn a little tender, another 2-3 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas over a gas flame (or on a hot skillet, if you have an electric stove; they can also be warmed in a microwave oven if desired).
- Add about ½ cup of filling to each burrito and top with a little cheese and salsa. Fold up the burritos and top with more salsa and a little sour cream, if desired.
- (Serves 4 (or eight, if you’re serving a side dish alongside the burritos))
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Chicken and black bean burrito suizo; topped with tangy green salsa and cool, creamy sour cream, this is a burrito, which is sure to win fans everywhere it,’s served. Filled with a savory mixture of chicken, black beans, onions, garlic and spicy jalapeno peppers, this burrito is a winner, hands-down. This particular chicken burrito recipe makes enough for everyone to have seconds, but feel free to double the recipe (or halve, as the case may be) depending on how many people you will be serving. Do not be too surprised if everyone takes you up on a second helping – burritos have a way of disappearing, especially a burrito this good!
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (69616 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (57949 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (38878 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (36920 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27120 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18289 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14757 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (13941 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11638 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10672 Views)