Wonderful Chicken and Chorizo Breakfast Burritos Recipe
Spice up your mornings with this great burrito dish, waking the family up to the smell of chorizo and filling their bellies with this amazing south of the border treat. Serve these with guacamole, sour cream or tomato sauce, or without if you prefer. Burritos are usually served as lunch or dinner, but they are also perfect breakfast fare, so why not consider this recipe if you want to make something extra-special for your family, offering a wonderful breakfast or brunch?
This recipe combines fantastic tastes in the form of chorizo, a salty sausage with lots of flavor, along with chipotle pinto beans or another kind of beans if you prefer, rice, eggs, and some chopped cooked chicken. You will find this makes not only a tasty filling but also something with the perfect consistency to hold together inside the tortilla. You might prefer your south of the border dishes spicy, in which case feel free to add in a drained can of jalapeño slices, or a spoonful of chili powder. You can also swap the beans for kidney beans, black beans, or even mixed beans.
If you usually have the same thing for breakfast every day, consider this for a special treat. You will still be getting your eggs but instead of being fried, poached or scrambled, they are going to be combined with tasty south of the border ingredients and used to fill tortillas, to make these lovely burritos. You can adapt the recipe if you wish, swapping some of the ingredients for others, or even making it vegetarian by switching out the chorizo and chicken for extra beans and/or cheese. Make this your own and you will get the perfect flavor and amazing results.
Once you have prepared the filling and filled the tortillas, wrap them up and your burritos are ready, and they are best served hot. Something you might wish to do though, in fact almost certainly, is scatter shredded cheese on top, either a Mexican blend, a nice sharp cheddar, or anything you want, and then broil the burritos until the cheese is golden brown and melted. This adds a wonderful finishing touch, but you must keep an eye on them because you do not want to burn that tasty cheese topping. Then serve the burritos immediately, with tomato sauce or guacamole perhaps.
- 6 oz chorizo
- 8 medium eggs
- 7 oz can chipotle pinto beans, drained
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 12 oz chopped cooked chicken breast
- ½ - 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Beat the eggs.
- Sauté the chorizo in a skillet over a medium-high heat until it breaks up easily.
- Add the chicken to the chorizo and mix.
- Add beans and rice and mix well, keeping the heat low.
- Add the eggs and cook completely.
- Heat the tortillas and add the filling.
- Top with shredded cheese and broil until it melts if you like.
- You can serve these with tomato sauce, or even guacamole or salsa.
Served hot and topped with melted cheese, these burritos make a wonderful breakfast or brunch for the whole family. The chorizo, chicken and rice filling is enhanced with chipotle beans, and you can serve salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream on the side too. This recipe makes enough for 6 people, or 3 people if they are really hungry! Although this recipe was designed with breakfast ingredients in mind, you might prefer these for lunch or dinner. They are delicious served any time of the day. Feel free to tweak the ingredients to make this exactly as you like it.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119454 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117444 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63256 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45797 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34661 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23458 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17718 Views)