Awesome Beef and Bean Chimichangas Recipe
This fast and easy dinner recipe is also delicious and spicy, and you can make it if you want to heat up your dinner table tonight and serve something new for your family to enjoy. If you are tight on money one weekend evening but want some really good and spicy Mexican food without going to a restaurant, why not try our chimichangas for the result you are dreaming of without spending much at all on ingredients. These are so delicious and have just the right amount of spice to satisfy your craving for an authentic Mexican meal.
Ground beef, ground cumin, Monterey Jack cheese, chili powder, garlic salt, bell pepper, taco sauce, whole kernel corn, refried beans, chopped onions, and 8 large flour tortillas are all you need to make this wonderful dish and perhaps you already have these ingredients in the store cupboard and refrigerator. Prepare and cook the chimichangas according to our easy-to-follow directions, and then you can top then with chopped lettuce (iceberg is good), tomato, a dollop of sour cream and guacamole. Add extra hot sauce or salsa too if desired.
Additionally, a side of refried beans and Mexican rice would go nicely for this scrumptious meal. You might want to serve a basket of crisp, lightly salted corn tortilla chips with bowls of hot queso, salsa, and guacamole to set the stage for this magnificent Mexican platter of beef and bean chimichangas. In fact, the only thing missing might be the mariachi band! Take a bite, close your eyes and you could be in your favorite Mexican restaurant.
Chimichangas are famed for their crunchy outside and flavorful filling inside. As the story goes, a Mexican cook accidentally dropped a filled tortilla wrap into hot oil and uttered ‘chimichanga!’ which is not a cuss word but she used it in place of one. Once she realized how good this brand new snack tasted, the word soon became a well-known one and the snack soon became a well-loved Mexican snack, something found on Mexican restaurant menus all over the world and also something you can rustle up in your own home to feed a hungry family on a busy weeknight.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¾ cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 1½ cups whole kernel corn
- 16 oz refried beans
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 diced tomato
- Shredded lettuce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain off the fat, then add the onion, bell pepper, and corn.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender then stir in the taco sauce.
- Season with garlic salt, chili powder and cumin, stirring until blended.
- Cook until heated through.
- Spread a thin layer of beans on to each tortilla and spoon the beef mixture down the center.
- Add shredded cheese and roll up the tortillas.
- Arrange them seam-side down on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown, then serve with shredded lettuce and diced tomato.
These chimichangas are wonderful and if you usually avoid them because they are deep-fried you will be delighted to see this recipe is for baked chimichangas, so you will get all the crunch without much fat. These can be garnished with lettuce and tomato or else take inspiration from the photo and you will see the cheese and salsa topping we have added looks tempting too, while the salad on the side adds nutrients and balances out the dish. Two chimichangas per person works well if you are having a side dish too.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117392 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)