Best Beef Enchiladas Recipe
Try this amazing beef enchiladas recipe if you are in the mood for something Mexican and meaty, and everyone will be begging you for the recipe or at least asking you to make this lovely dish again and again for them. One of the most wonderful Mexican dishes loved by everyone just has to be beef enchiladas. A mouthwatering dish with perfectly spiced beef, minced onion, enchilada sauce, and shredded cheese melted on top is what to expect when making these. Served with sour cream and black olives, it makes a lovely Mexican entrée.
These beef enchiladas are not difficult to make either, with the whole process taking less than half an hour of preparation time. With an additional 20 minutes or so in the oven, you are done. Serve these enchiladas with Spanish rice and you have the perfect Mexican meal. The entire family will love this dinner. Even children love beef enchiladas so you should not get any complaints at the dinner table. Perhaps you have made chicken enchiladas before, or even a vegetarian version with beans. These beef ones make a hearty change.
This recipe for beef enchiladas is a great quick and easy entrée for a busy night. You can even prepare these enchiladas the night before if you want and just keep them chilled in the refrigerator. On your arrival home the next night just pop the prepared enchiladas in a hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes for a perfect dinner. Whip up a quick guacamole salad as a side dish and you have a complete4 meal ready for all the family to enjoy.
You might be surprised when first looking at this recipe, as soon as you see how few ingredients you need in fact, because it really is simple. Ground beef is sautéed with onion and then you add enchilada sauce. This mixture goes into your tortillas along with some cheese, and then you can add more cheese, sauce and olives, and bake them until done. That is how simple making these beef enchiladas is, and when they are in the oven you can get on with tossing some fresh salad ingredients together to make a tossed salad as your side dish.
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1½ oz dry enchilada sauce mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 9 flour tortillas, 10 inches across
- 2¼ oz sliced black olives (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Sauté the ground beef and onion until the beef is evenly browned and the onion is tender.
- Drain off the fat.
- Prepare the enchilada sauce according to package directions.
- Pour ¼ cup of the sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Divide the ground beef mixture between the tortillas, adding an ounce or so of the cheese.
- Make sure you reserve at least ½ cup of cheese for topping the enchiladas.
- Tightly roll the tortillas and place them seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Add the olives if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
This rich and juicy dish is famed for its flavor, along with the fact it is generously smothered in a tasty tomato sauce along with plenty of cheese. You might also like to add olives for another accent to the flavor. The filling is simple to prepare and is a mixture of ground beef, onion and cheese. You can see from the picture we like to use plenty of sauce along with plenty of cheese, to ensure these are hearty and delicious. We are serving ours with refried beans and a colorful salad, but there are plenty more side dish ideas to choose from.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119454 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63256 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45795 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34659 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23456 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17717 Views)