Mexican Enchiladas Verdes Recipe
An authentic Mexican enchiladas verdes recipe is the perfect traditional Mexican food to serve with your favorite side dishes. Refried beans, Spanish rice and fresh green salad with cilantro dressing is the perfect dinner when you want traditional Mexican food. An enchiladas verdes recipe is perfect for brunches and parties because you can serve a lot of people on a small budget. Make this Enchiladas Verdes recipe for you next Mexican food night.
Mexican Enchiladas Verdes
If you would like to ring in Cinco de Mayo with an authentic flair why not try this amazing Mexican enchiladas verdes recipe? Your family will love the little extra time you spent preparing this authentic traditional Mexican recipe. The flavors of the rich spices most often reserved for Mexican foods wafting in your kitchen might even make them think you hired a Mexican cook!
To make this authentic Mexican enchiladas verdes recipe for your family you will need; bone in chicken breast halves, garlic cloves, chicken broth, onion, corn tortillas, salt, cold fresh white cheese (a Mexican un-aged cheese)-not Parmesan, tomatillos-husks removed, Serrano chilies, white onion and fresh cilantro.
Follow the directions below to make your enchiladas and homemade verde sauce. Take this Mexican enchiladas verdes entree to your next church pot luck, a Mexican cook off contest or even to a pot luck picnic. You are sure to receive rave reviews for your excellent authentic Mexican enchiladas verdes.
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 corn tortillas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 lb tomatillos, husks removed
- 5 serrano chilies
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ of a white onion plus ½ chopped white onion
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Put the chicken breast in a pot with the chicken broth, ¼ onion, a clove of garlic, and 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Reserve the broth and set chicken to one side to cool, discarding the onion and garlic.
- Shred the chicken with a pair of forks.
- Put the tomatillos and serrano chilies in a pot and fill with enough water to cover them.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, and simmer until the tomatillos turn a darker shade of green.
- Strain the tomatillos and chilies, and put them in a blender with another ¼ of onion, the garlic, and a pinch of salt.
- Add the reserved chicken broth, so the liquid just covers the veggies in the blender by an inch.
- Blend all the ingredients until they are pureed.
- Pour the salsa in a pot and bring it to a simmer.
- Pour some oil in a frying pan, and let it get very hot.
- Fry the tortillas one by one in the oil, setting each on a paper towel afterwards to soak up some of the grease.
- Dip the lightly-fried tortillas in the hot green salsa, until they get soft again.
- Divide them between serving plates - give each person three.
- Fill the tortillas with the shredded chicken, then extra green sauce.
- Top with crumbled cheese, chopped onion, and chopped cilantro.
- Alternatively you can serve sour cream or your favorite creamy dressing with the enchiladas.
This is an alternative to the traditional baked enchiladas and is really a nice change of pace from the typical baked version. This is more like a set of wraps in sauce and is very easy to make. If you like wraps and like enchiladas this recipe will appeal to you. It is kind of a Mexican hybrid recipe and is one that is so good you will be wondering why you never made them this way before.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded and edited: 03-30-16
One Response to Mexican Enchiladas Verdes Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)