Simple Cheesy Nacho Bake
Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that you can whip up in a flash on a busy night, leaving you time to do the million other things that you have on your to-do list? Try this amazing nacho bake recipe and discover how to make this delicious dinner. What do you make the kids for a snack for the upcoming sleep over – the typical pizza, popcorn and chips with a dip perhaps? Well, what about this awesome cheesy nacho bake for a tasty change? The kids will love this, as will the rest of the family.
The crowd-pleasing blend of melted cheese, ground beef, green onion, taco seasoning mix, and sour cream atop baked tortilla chips, sprinkled generously with chopped tomatoes and dollops of creamy sour cream, will definitely reward you with many words of praise and appreciation from your teens. This would be great also to take to a potluck dinner, offer to the older neighbors on your street that do not get out much, or contribute to your next office luncheon. It also makes the perfect snack to go with movie night.
Other toppings that would go great with this are pico de gallo, guacamole, lettuce, crisp chopped onion and green or black olives. Follow the easy directions below to prepare this baked nacho dish before adding some or all of the suggested toppings. The cheesy finish, the crunch, the Mexican ingredients – everything combines harmoniously to make this an extra-special dish whether you are serving it as a snack, appetizer or even as the entrée. There is something magical about this nacho bake and you will want to make it often.
So how simple is this nacho bake to make? Well, after browning the meat and stirring in some other ingredients, you just need to layer that in a dish with tortilla chips and cheese. Bake it until the cheese is melted and golden brown and then you can serve it, with extra sour cream and green onions as a garnish if liked, or consider cilantro and salsa as a garnish instead if you prefer, or even sliced avocado, depending whether you are serving it to kids, a mixed group, or simply wanting to add maximum color for a gorgeous presentation.
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 sliced green onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 oz tortilla chips
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the meat in skillet and drain off the fat.
- Return the beef to the skillet and stir in the tomatoes, water and seasoning mix.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in ¼ cup of the sour cream.
- Place half the chips in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Cover with layers of ½ each of the beef mixture and both kinds of cheese.
- Repeat the layers and cook for 20 minutes or until piping hot.
- Add the green onions and remaining ½ cup of sour cream on top just before serving.
This is a quick and easy appetizer to rustle up for a hungry crowd. Combining meat with Mexican spices, sour cream, tortilla chips and plenty of delicious cheese, this will disappear soon after serving it. The picture shows how appetizing it looks and how it could make anyone’s mouth water. After cooking, add a garnish of your choice – perhaps sour cream and green onion, or how about some guacamole and cilantro? Feel free to add jalapeño slices to spice this up, or swap the cheese for another type if you wish. From the youngest kid in the family to the most senior member, everyone is going to rave about this fantastic appetizer.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119403 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117384 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45762 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34620 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30367 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24112 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23427 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18950 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17653 Views)