Amazing Beefy Cornbread Casserole Recipe
Are you looking for a simple, yet delicious casserole to take to the next family get together or the pot-luck this weekend? Try my amazing beefy cornbread casserole recipe today. It is sure to blow everyone away. Learn how to make this delicious casserole for your family and you will always be able to rustle some up. Believe me, they will ask you to make it often. This casserole takes so little prep time and only about half an hour to cook so you will have your family’s meal done and on the table before you realize it yourself.
So if your time is stretched to the breaking point, you feel like pulling your own hair out and still have to cook supper for the family but have not a clue what to do, relax. Yes, relax – all is not lost with this tasty, quick and easy beefy cornbread casserole. This is a dish of seasoned hamburger, beef gravy, kidney beans, potato and barbecue sauce, topped with corn muffin mix and baked in the oven until golden brown on top. Many people like to serve shredded cheese on the side, either cheddar or a Mexican blend, to add extra charm.
Really this amazingly great-tasting meal requires only a crisp salad of fresh and colorful vegetables and dressing of your choice to complete an easy to prepare recipe that requires so little ingredients to make a very tasty main course. You can tweak the recipe if you wish, leaving out the potato or swapping it for mushrooms or another vegetable. You can also bake the cornbread muffins on the side and serve them with the casserole instead of cooking them in the casserole mix. Either of these tweaks is possible.
You might also want to spice things up and you can do that by adding a teaspoon of chili powder to the mixture or a sliced chili pepper if you prefer. Drain and add a 7-ounce can of jalapeños if you want a fast way of adding spice without fiddling about with fresh peppers. If you are making this for a mixed crowd – some spice fans and some who prefer things mild – simply serve the chilies or hot sauce on the side, then people can spice up their own however they see fit.
- 10¼ oz can Campbell’s beef gravy
- 8½ oz corn muffin mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 15 oz red kidney beans
- 1 peeled, chopped large potato (or 2 medium ones)
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- Shredded cheese, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the meat in a skillet until browned and then drain off the fat.
- Meanwhile, par-cook the potatoes in salted water for about 8 minutes.
- Do not let them get fully tender – they can finish cooking in the oven.
- Stir the beans, gravy and BBQ sauce with the drained beef and potatoes.
- Pour it all into a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Prepare the corn muffin mix following the instructions on the package.
- Drop by spoonfuls on top of the beef mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and mixture is bubbling.
- Alternatively, cook the corn muffins separately and serve with the casserole.
- Either way will work.
- Serve the finished dish hot, with shredded cheese if liked.
Hearty beef-based casseroles are always great during the colder months, and this beef casserole with kidney beans and beef gravy goes beautifully with cornbread muffin mix, whether you serve the muffins on the side or even cook them in the casserole itself. Add some cheese (and even some chili if you want to spice the dish up) and you have the makings of an amazing dinner which the whole family will enjoy. This is a quick and easy meal to prepare, boasting wonderful Mexican and Tex-Mex appeal. The recipe serves 2 people (maybe 3 with side dishes) but is easy enough to double if you have a larger crowd to feed.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119402 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117378 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63206 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45756 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34618 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30366 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24110 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23427 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18946 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17647 Views)