An Easy Mexican Beef Casserole Recipe
The word “casserole” actually refers to the baking dish used, rather than what is inside it, which means there are lots of different casserole recipes, rather than one way to make it, which varies slightly from dish to dish. This is an easy Mexican beef casserole recipe, which is prepared in layers and then baked for half an hour, resulting in a tasty casserole with bubbling cheese on top.
If you are feeding a family, you can double the ingredients and use two casserole dishes or a larger, deeper one. Mexican ground beef casseroles are a traditional Mexican food. This is an easy dish to make because once you have fried the beef and onion, you just need to arrange the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake it for half an hour.
Mexican ground beef casseroles like this one make a great dinner if you are looking for an alternative to meatloaf or another ground beef recipe. Beef is a popular meat in Mexico and this Mexican beef casserole is a real winner. The cheese, chilies, corn chips and other typically Mexican ingredients give it a wonderful flavor and texture and this recipe is hearty and filling.
Mexican Beef Casserole with Rice and Tomatoes
Summary: coming soon
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can cheese soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3 ½ ounces diced green chili peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 tortillas, each torn in 6 pieces
- Handful of corn chips
- Handful of cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook the chili peppers, onion and beef in a large pan until the beef is browned.
- Drain the excess fat. Add the soups and evaporated milk and bring to the boil.
- Grease an 11 x 13 inch casserole dish (or equivalent round dish) with cooking oil and layer the ingredients, so you will have a layer of tortillas, cheese, corn chips, and beef.
- Repeat these layers, ending with beef and finish with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake this Mexican casserole recipe for 30 minutes; making sure the cheese on top does not burn.
- The ingredients are already cooked so when the casserole is hot through, it is ready to serve.
- You can adapt this recipe any way you like, perhaps adding baked beans or diced carrot for some extra nutritional goodness!
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (79428 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (70092 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (44525 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (40632 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (29353 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (20701 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (17810 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14928 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (13262 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (12778 Views)