An Easy Mexican Beef Casserole Recipe
The word “casserole” actually refers to the baking dish used, rather than what is inside it, which means there are lots of different casserole recipes, rather than one way to make it, which varies slightly from dish to dish. This is an easy Mexican beef casserole recipe, which is prepared in layers and then baked for half an hour, resulting in a tasty casserole with bubbling cheese on top.
If you are feeding a family, you can double the ingredients and use two casserole dishes or a larger, deeper one. Mexican ground beef casseroles are a traditional Mexican food. This is an easy dish to make because once you have fried the beef and onion, you just need to arrange the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake it for half an hour.
Mexican ground beef casseroles like this one make a great dinner if you are looking for an alternative to meatloaf or another ground beef recipe. Beef is a popular meat in Mexico and this Mexican beef casserole is a real winner. The cheese, chilies, corn chips and other typically Mexican ingredients give it a wonderful flavor and texture and this recipe is hearty and filling.
This dish teams a variety of typical south of the border ingredients, such as beef, cheese, onion, chilies, corn chips, and tortillas, with cheese and chicken soups and milk, so if you imagine all those flavors together, you will see this dish is going to be meaty, creamy and slightly spicy, a good way of describing comfort food. Casserole is a kind of comfort food, especially when served piping hot from the oven on a chilly fall or winter evening. After assembling this casserole you need to bake it in the oven for half an hour, so use that time to prepare a side dish, perhaps a fresh salad or some corn on the cob to enjoy with the casserole. Then you can serve everything together at once.
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can cheese soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3 ½ ounces diced green chili peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 tortillas, each torn in 6 pieces
- Handful of corn chips
- Handful of cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook the chili peppers, onion and beef in a large pan until the beef is browned.
- Drain the excess fat. Add the soups and evaporated milk and bring to the boil.
- Grease an 11 x 13 inch casserole dish (or equivalent round dish) with cooking oil and layer the ingredients, so you will have a layer of tortillas, cheese, corn chips, and beef.
- Repeat these layers, ending with beef and finish with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake this Mexican casserole recipe for 30 minutes; making sure the cheese on top does not burn.
- The ingredients are already cooked so when the casserole is hot through, it is ready to serve.
- You can adapt this recipe any way you like, perhaps adding baked beans or diced carrot for some extra nutritional goodness!
This creamy beef and cheese casserole is gently spiced and makes a lovely winter warmer. Serve it with your favorite Mexican side dishes and enjoy the authentic south of the border flavors it offers. Everyone in the family will enjoy this creamy casserole, and you will love how easy it is to put together. You probably already have most of the ingredients for it. Bake it in the oven for half an hour and during that time you can make any sides you want. If you have some left, you can microwave it the following day and treat yourself to a Mexican lunch. Some would say it is even nicer the next day.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Dessert Sopapilla Recipe January 24, 2015
- Some Authentic Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Some Traditional Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Types of Salsa January 24, 2015
- Fried Cinnamon Mexican Dessert with Lime Sauce January 23, 2015
- Sweet Meets Savory Corn Dessert Muffins January 22, 2015
- 6-Ingredient Breakfast Burritos January 21, 2015
- Baked Mixed Bean Quesadillas January 19, 2015
- Mexican Dessert Cheesecake with Orange December 21, 2014
- Best Taco Salad Recipe Ever December 8, 2014
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (114789 Views)
- Home (113841 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (61522 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44609 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (33274 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (29295 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23085 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22307 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17737 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15556 Views)