An Easy Mexican Beef Casserole Recipe
The word “casserole” actually refers to the baking dish used, rather than what is inside it, which means there are lots of different casserole recipes, rather than one way to make it, which varies slightly from dish to dish. This is an easy Mexican beef casserole recipe, which is prepared in layers and then baked for half an hour, resulting in a tasty casserole with bubbling cheese on top.
If you are feeding a family, you can double the ingredients and use two casserole dishes or a larger, deeper one. Mexican ground beef casseroles are a traditional Mexican food. This is an easy dish to make because once you have fried the beef and onion, you just need to arrange the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake it for half an hour.
Mexican ground beef casseroles like this one make a great dinner if you are looking for an alternative to meatloaf or another ground beef recipe. Beef is a popular meat in Mexico and this Mexican beef casserole is a real winner. The cheese, chilies, corn chips and other typically Mexican ingredients give it a wonderful flavor and texture and this recipe is hearty and filling.
Mexican Beef Casserole with Rice and Tomatoes
Summary: coming soon
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can cheese soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3 ½ ounces diced green chili peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 tortillas, each torn in 6 pieces
- Handful of corn chips
- Handful of cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook the chili peppers, onion and beef in a large pan until the beef is browned.
- Drain the excess fat. Add the soups and evaporated milk and bring to the boil.
- Grease an 11 x 13 inch casserole dish (or equivalent round dish) with cooking oil and layer the ingredients, so you will have a layer of tortillas, cheese, corn chips, and beef.
- Repeat these layers, ending with beef and finish with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake this Mexican casserole recipe for 30 minutes; making sure the cheese on top does not burn.
- The ingredients are already cooked so when the casserole is hot through, it is ready to serve.
- You can adapt this recipe any way you like, perhaps adding baked beans or diced carrot for some extra nutritional goodness!
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (70361 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (58552 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (39145 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (37123 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27196 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18458 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14926 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14008 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11698 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10837 Views)