Easy Mexican Casserole
This extremely tasty and easy Mexican inspired dish is great for either every day or for special occasions. If you are concerned about fat content, simply substitute ground beef with ground turkey and choose low fat dairy products to replace the full fat ingredients. They will not affect the taste or texture significantly, and you will still be able to serve a meal that is both delicious and healthy.
Every ingredient in this easy Mexican casserole recipe is Mexican, including the beef, beans, sour cream, and tomato. If you like, you can use a Mexican cheese blend instead of the cheddar. This is a flavorful and crunchy recipe and it is also one of the most easy Mexican casseroles to prepare. The layer of tortilla chips on the bottom of the casserole dish gives crunch to this recipe and makes a crust.
Great accompaniments for this easy Mexican casserole recipe include a fresh green salad and crisp corn chips with mild or spicy salsa. Great for when you do not want to spend a long time in the kitchen, this simple dinner is ready in about a half hour, making it the perfect solution for busy weeknights.
To make this you need to brown the beef then stir in the salsa and let it soak into the meat. Add the beans to finish this mixture off, then layer it with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, olives and cheese, and bake it. This casserole combines the sweet with the savory, the soft with the crunchy, and it is also colorful and appealing to look at. Anyone who enjoys making Mexican food on a regular basis will find they have most of the ingredients already in the cupboards, so you should be able to throw this together fast. This crunchy-topped casserole might even become a family favorite.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 sixteen ounce can beans, drained
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 two ounce can black olives, drained and sliced
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium high heat, and then stir in salsa. Reduce heat; simmer for twenty minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Stir in beans and heat thoroughly.
- Lightly oil a 9"x13" baking dish or spray with a cooking spray.
- Then spread crushed chips in the bottom of the dish and spoon beef mixture on top. Spread sour cream onto beef and sprinkle with tomato, olive, and green onion. Top with cheese and bake for thirty minutes.
This easy Mexican casserole combines all your favorite south of the border ingredients like beef, cheese, salsa and more, and the result is something nutritious and tasty, which will satisfy every hungry belly around the dinner table. The photo shows how the tomato and green onion add color to the dish, and you can also add some cilantro if you want. Serve this just as it is or with your favorite salad or Mexican side dish. Choose from mild or spicy salsa, depending on the result you want. If you want to spice it up further you can add a drained can of jalapeños to the mixture.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (110454 Views)
- Home (98782 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (59784 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44141 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (32826 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (27808 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (22330 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22019 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17482 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15127 Views)