Easy Mexican Casserole
This extremely tasty and easy Mexican inspired dish is great for either every day or for special occasions. If you are concerned about fat content, simply substitute ground beef with ground turkey and choose low fat dairy products to replace the full fat ingredients. They will not affect the taste or texture significantly, and you will still be able to serve a meal that is both delicious and healthy.
Every ingredient in this easy Mexican casserole recipe is Mexican, including the beef, beans, sour cream, and tomato. If you like, you can use a Mexican cheese blend instead of the cheddar. This is a flavorful and crunchy recipe and it is also one of the most easy Mexican casseroles to prepare. The layer of tortilla chips on the bottom of the casserole dish gives crunch to this recipe and makes a crust.
Great accompaniments for this easy Mexican casserole recipe include a fresh green salad and crisp corn chips with mild or spicy salsa. Great for when you do not want to spend a long time in the kitchen, this simple dinner is ready in about a half hour, making it the perfect solution for busy weeknights.
A Delicious, Quick and Easy Mexican Casserole
Summary: coming soon
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 sixteen ounce can beans, drained
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 two ounce can black olives, drained and sliced
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium high heat, and then stir in salsa. Reduce heat; simmer for twenty minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Stir in beans and heat thoroughly.
- Lightly oil a 9″x13″ baking dish or spray with a cooking spray.
- Then spread crushed chips in the bottom of the dish and spoon beef mixture on top. Spread sour cream onto beef and sprinkle with tomato, olive, and green onion. Top with cheese and bake for thirty minutes.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (79419 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (70068 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (44514 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (40630 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (29351 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (20693 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (17801 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14925 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (13262 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (12776 Views)