Simple Meals for Everybody
Not many everyday recipes can be described as complicated because Mexicans are busy people and they know how to make the best food without standing over a hot stove for hours. The exception to this rule is their holiday food, some of which is simple and some of which is more complex and therefore saved for fiestas and holidays. In general, this cuisine is a nourishing combination of fresh produce, a flour, or corn-based grain, meat, poultry or fish and spices. There are stews that might take hours but you can leave them to cook. There are also crockpot recipes, which will cook while you are out all day.
The Easiest Foods to Make
If you are new to cooking or short on time, you will be pleased that there are dishes that are both quick and easy. You can make a quesadilla in five minutes or a layered salad in ten minutes. Meals like these are great if you want a quick lunch or dinner in a hurry. Some recipes take a little longer but are still easy to make, and these include cornbread, chimichangas, shrimp cocktail, chalupas, paella, and ceviche. Our excellent easy recipes will walk you through the process of making a delicious and authentic meal from scratch and your family will be amazed with the results.
Ideas to Whet Your Appetite
Consider how to make an easy recipe using meat. Whether you fancy trying out grilled pork loin or chorizo pizza, there are plenty of ways to incorporate meat into your easy Mexican recipes. Perhaps fish is more like what you had in mind, so take a look at our spicy prawns with chili, Mexican salmon, or shrimp cocktail recipe if you want some inspiration.
You do not have to choose complicated recipes when you want to impress dinner guests and, in fact, sometimes the simplest ones are the best. Mexicans love to use fresh produce in their dishes, and using too many ingredients is a surefire way to mask those subtle fresh flavors, and that is not the result you will want to get, so instead focus on using the best quality ingredients and only adding the seasonings you need to bring out the flavor of your prime ingredients. This is how the best Mexican dishes are created.
Take a look through our list of easy Mexican recipes and you will spot plenty to whet your appetite. Each recipe is in this category because it is simple enough for a beginner home cook to tackle with ease and the results will really please you. Whether you are looking for a main dish or side, something spicy or mild, something for the family or just a comfort food style dish to brighten up your day, you are sure to find it here.
One Response to Easy Recipes
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119454 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117443 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63256 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45797 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34659 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23456 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17718 Views)