Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa
Mexican recipes do not get much easier than this one because you simply combine everything to make the finished shrimp and avocado cocktail recipe. You can use spicy vegetable juice or regular vegetable juice, depending on how spicy you want your shrimp cocktail.
Because you simply have to combine everything to make this recipe for Mexican shrimp cocktail, it is a very quick recipe to make if everything is already chilled. You can use ready cooked shrimp to save time or steam or boil your own. Remember that shrimp cook really fast. Once they are pink, they are done. This is a very tasty appetizer recipe and it goes nicely before many kinds of savory Mexican main course recipes.
A lot of Mexican food combines soft, aromatic flavors with stronger, sharper ones and the shrimp and avocados in this Mexican food recipe are livened up with the sharp flavors of the onion, Tabasco sauce and lime juice. This is a really tasty Mexican shrimp cocktail, as well as a colorful and aromatic one. If you want to enjoy something with a bold, lively flavor, this easy recipe is one of the best Mexican shrimp cocktail recipes ever and you will really like it.
The western version of shrimp cocktail is similar, in that the main ingredients are shrimp and vegetables, but this one offers an unmistakable Mexican touch with the avocado, lime, hot sauce, and chili. So if you are looking for a tasty appetizer to get everyone excited and ready for the entrée, and in the mood for south of the border flavors, choose this, because you will find it easy to make, and the flavors really are lovely. The lovely colors of this sum up everything that is great about Mexican cuisine, showing immediately that this is a dish using fresh produce, and offering full flavors in every bite. You just cannot go wrong with this south of the border style dish.
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 6 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, de-veined and steamed
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Lime wedges to serve
- Mix everything together in a big, non-reactive container.
- Chill and serve with limes and Tabasco sauce.
This Mexican shrimp cocktail is so colorful and appetizing. The pink of the shrimp, the red of the tomato and the green of the cucumber and avocado make this dish look so tempting. You can see from the picture how arranging one big, juicy shrimp on top looks really good, especially if you leave the tail on. In fact you can leave all the tails on but it is best to peel the shrimp so people can eat them more easily and not have to stop every time they want to eat a shrimp and have to peel them.
3 Responses to Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119390 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117340 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63183 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45737 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34593 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30346 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24100 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23409 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18922 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17603 Views)