Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Lime
This delicious recipe for Mexican shrimp cocktail calls for jalapeño, hot pepper sauce, cilantro, lime, and tomato to give a real Mexican flavor to the dish. A lot of Mexican foods are very spicy but you can alter the spiciness of this tasty appetizer recipe to suit yourself. Use big shrimp because they are juicier than the smaller ones and they look better too. There are different kinds of Mexican shrimp cocktail recipes to try but this one is particularly tasty.
You can either add more jalapeño and hot sauce, leaving them out or serving them on the side so your guests can add as much heat as they like. You can serve this Mexican shrimp cocktail with tortilla chips, bread and butter or simply as it is. You can also substitute a cup of shrimp for a cup of crab or clams and make a seafood cocktail.
If you want to make the best shrimp cocktail recipe, you will love making this. It is so simple but the end flavor is really good. This is an elegant looking recipe as well, which is ideal if you want to impress dinner party guests.
Sometimes it is nice to play with recipes, coming up with different variations on old classics, but if you want to make a traditional Mexican recipe for your shrimp, you will not be disappointed with the results of this one. Typical Mexican flavors unite to make this special appetizer and you can adjust the amount of spice used or even leave out the chilies altogether if you prefer a milder result.
To make it simply toss together the shrimp and other ingredients, then make the sauce in another dish. Divide the salad leaves between serving glasses, then the shrimp mixture and serve the sauce on the side. If you prefer, you can drizzle some or all of the sauce on the shrimp mixture and serve the dish that way instead.
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro plus leaves for garnish
- 3 cups large unpeeled shrimp, cooked (about 36 in total)
- 3 tablespoons minced raw tomato
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed limejuice
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh jalapeño
- 1 cup catsup
- 4 teaspoons minced green olives
- ¼ orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 lime wedges
- ½ head lettuce, chopped
- Combine the shrimp, cilantro, green olives, tomato, and jalapeño in a large bowl.
- Mix the catsup, orange juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and limejuice in another bowl to make the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the lettuce between 6 margarita glasses or parfait dishes, top with the shrimp mixture and top each one with a few cilantro leaves and a wedge of lime.
- Serve each one with some orange and catsup sauce on the side for dipping.
This Mexican shrimp cocktail looks delicious and it is guaranteed to taste every bit as good as it looks. With this Mexican shrimp cocktail recipe, the shrimp are first combined and then served in a piquant sauce. Cilantro and lime garnishes this dish and this is the best recipe for Mexican shrimp cocktail if you want to make something truly traditional and authentically Mexican. Serve this tasty shrimp cocktail for lunch or as an appetizer. It is spicy but not too spicy and the juicy shrimp goes beautifully with the sauce, the lettuce, and the garnish.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (118657 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (116523 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (62568 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45307 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34098 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30004 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (23752 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23068 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18491 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (16695 Views)